|Posted in: flowers, weekend||Read Full Story||Comments (2)|
Sometimes I need a little sparkle in my life and after a long week of work, I definitely need it. These chandelier images have been piling up in my inspiration folder – this is the perfect opportunity to showcase them. Lighting is one of the last things I think about when I’m decorating a room, I’m not sure why, and I would like that to change because lighting is incredibly important in a room. It’s something I’m constantly inspired by. A chandelier however makes a room glow, and that’s something I love.
|Posted in: decor, inspiration||Read Full Story||Comments (11)|
|Posted in: decor, decorate, inspiration, inspiring apartment, interior design||Read Full Story||Comments (6)|
|Posted in: decor, inspiration board, white||Read Full Story||Comments (6)|
Destined to Design is one of my all time favorites. I discovered it this past Fall and now don’t go a day without checking for one of Jessica’s fabulous posts. My weekly favorite are her“for the record” guest posts. Through these posts I’ve learned so much about fellow bloggers that I admire.
By day Jessica is an interior designer living and working in Los Angeles with an affinity for all things well-designed. You can definitely tell by the exquisite blog posts she puts together.
Thank you Jessica for guest blogging here today. I know everyone is going to be inspired by your post!
I’m so excited that Caitlin has asked me to guest blog here today. I always loved reading the 10 Things that Make Me Happy columns in Domino, so I love her take on this idea. While it was awfully hard to narrow down my ever-expanding list of ‘I Love It’s’ to ten, I leave you with a highlight of things I am currently coveting or can’t live without. I hope they bring a bit of inspiration to your day, as they do mine.
1. Anything and everything designed by Jacques Adnet – namely his leatherwork with white stitching. It’s timeless. Price: $2,500
2. Riding Boots – I recently bought my first pair from Banana Republic and have yet to take them off. Since then I’ve bookmarked at least five other pairs and have come dangerously close to purchasing them all. They look good with everything – jeans tucked in, skirts and tights, dresses – they’re foolproof. Find boots here. Price: $129.99
3. Hermes Orange – Lately it’s been my favorite accent for interiors and fashion. Especially when paired with grey tones, it’s a surefire way to punch things up. For interiors, I love a cashmere throw draped over the back of a sofa. And for fashion, I love an orange handbag (Price: $1,950) with a completely monochromatic ensemble.
4. Glass Beverage Bottles – It’s a bit of an unnecessary indulgence, but I love setting a table with a glass bottle filled with chilled water for guests to pour from. It makes me feel like I’m in an Italian cafe. I bought mine at a restaurant surplus store for super cheap. Find them here (They apparently stopped carrying them at DWR.)
5. Pashminas – Though not intentionally, my wardrobe consists of mainly black, and having one of these in every color is the easiest way to spice up an outfit. Find pashminas here. Price: $18.00
6. Striped Shirts – Maybe it’s the fact that I secretly wish I were an artsy Parisian girl traveling around Montmarte with my Moleskine and pencil in tow, but I find myself endlessly drawn anything with black (or navy, or red) and white horizontal stripes, namely sweaters. They’re just so effortless and classic. Price: $39.50
7. Moleskine Notebooks – I find that even though we’ve come so far with cell phones and applications that do it all for you, I always reach for my little black notebook when I want to jot things down to remember or make a to-do list. I think it’s the satisfaction that comes with crossing something off when it’s done. Price: $10.95
8. Nancy Meyers’ films – Whenever I’m feeling down or the weather is gloomy, I pop in one of her movies and instantly feel good. I could (and have) watched each of them dozens of times, and they never seem to get old. They make me want to transport myself into the lifestyles and settings she creates. Price: $14.94
9. Ray Bans Clubmasters – The only pair of “designer” sunglasses I’ve ever splurged on, and totally worth every penny. Kind of going along with my affinity for striped shirts, these glasses always look sharp and make me feel a bit Parisian. Price: $128.95
10. iPhone – Cliche as it may sound, this little device can change your life. I’ve never been bored waiting in line anywhere – there’s always something to see, do, research, photograph, and be entertained by. The apps are endless, and the ultimate boredom buster. My current favorites are Feather Report , and Font Game. Price: $99-$199
|Posted in: 10 Things that Make Me Happy, guest post, inspiration||Read Full Story||Comments (8)|