winding down . . .

Over here on the West Coast we’ve had a serious drop in temperature. We went from 80 degrees to 30 – 40 degrees in a little over a week. With the temperatures dropping and the days getting shorter, it’s time to hunker down in my apartment. I’ll be prepping the linens, eating warm meals at home with family, taking advantage of my blanket addiction by curling up in a few with my never-ending stack of magazine I need to read and beinspired by. When it’s time, I’ll pick out the perfect holiday outfit to celebrate this year’s festivities – who doesn’t love a little sparkle this time of year? What I’m looking forward to the most is having the alarm clock going off and being able to enjoy a few lazy mornings in bed.

What do you have planned this holiday weekend?

*Photos: 1. 3. 5. Twig Hutchinson 2. mary ruffle via tumblr 4. maison 23

6 responses to winding down . . .

• Helena - A Diary of Lovely says:

absolutely agree! beautiful plan

• Anna says:

I'm looking forward to the warm fire, and snuggling to cartoons with the little one.

• Alex Ingram says:

wow cali is having some strange weather
    tuxandtie.blogspot.com | twitter.com/tuxandtie

• Carpe Diem says:

I'm looking forward to organizing a couple of things around the house and putting around my house deciding on what to change or move around. I'm looking forward to sitting on my couch, with a warm, cozy through and looking through some magazines and catching up with some of my favorite shows as: Anthony Bourdain's No Reservation; The Nate Burkus Show; and really too many to list here. Most of all, I'm looking forward to spending time with family and friends.

• Will @ Bright.Bazaar says:

Sounds like the perfect holiday weekend to me.

Wishing you and Eric a wonderful Thanksgiving! xo

• Catherine says:

I love how these photos evoke a feeling of being cosy without being too chilly… it's the perfect inspiration for getting through winter! I just discovered your blog, and wanted to tell you I think it's beautiful!
    - Catherine at The Spring