1. Beach Sunsets – Because they are beyond beautiful. I just returned from a vacay in the Caribbean and these two sunset photos are from my trip. There’s nothing better than laying out all day and then watching the sunset over the ocean!
2. Pink Flowers – I am a total girlie girl and love anything pink…especially pink flowers. They’re so pretty and will instantly make a room feel more vibrant and alive. This lovely bouquet is from H. Bloom.
3. Babies – I sort of have baby fever since everyone around me is having babies these days! This is my great nephew Avery. He’s so cute I can’t stand it!
4. My iPad – I never thought I could become so addicted to a gadget but I’m utterly obsessed with my iPad! It keeps me organized, I watch TV on it, read books on it, email on it…basically I’m on my iPad all day long. And Evernote is the best app ever – it keeps me organized and allows me to instantly sync my notes to all of my electronic devices including my BlackBerry and laptop. I don’t know what I’d do without my iPad and Evernote!
5. Baking – For me baking is so cathartic. I love experimenting with recipes and making things in the kitchen. It also allows me to be creative. Even though I’m usually just baking for myself I often take meticulous care in plating and garnishing my dishes as if I were a master pastry chef. I equally enjoy consuming the fruits of my labor in the kitchen:) My Kitchen Aid Artisan stand mixer is a godsend!
6. Black and White Photography – I collect black & white photography and I there are so many beautiful photographs I want. This affordable find is from artist Leigh Viner’s Etsy shop and is currently on my wish list.
7. Sweets – My current obsession is Macarons from the Macaron Cafe here in NYC. They have a gazillion flavors and they’re all to die for. You can also order them online here.
8. Design Inspiration – I can’t get enough and I especially love collecting design books and hoarding shelter magazines. I just ordered a copy of “Details” – a book by Lili Diallo who is a former Domino editor and current Deputy Style Editor at Country Living. I can’t wait to devour it!
9. Breakfast – It’s my favorite meal of the day. I’m especially partial towards pancakes covered in fresh fruit and lots of maple syrup served with a side of bacon. The sweet and salty combo is insanely delicious. I am going to try this recipe for Whole Grain Pancakes with Blueberries during my time off over the Christmas holiday.
10. Scarves – They’re my favorite accessory and I wear one with just about every outfit no matter the season. Right now I’m lusting after this colorful leopard Diane Von Furstenberg scarf. Its chic, sexy and I just love the bright pink!