paths to cross in 2011

Looking back at 2010 all I can think is “could it get any better?” Well, of course it can, but it was a darn good year – I accomplished every single goal I set for myself and much more. I believe that 2011 will be filled with dreams that haven’t been discovered, new places to travel to and challenges that will help me grow. The excitement of what is going to come in the months ahead are enlightening.

*Travel to somewhere new with my wonderful mom (Savannah, Santa Fe, Istanbul – I don’t know, but we have to go somewhere together this year).

*Adopt a puppy when Eric and I are ready.

*Keep filling our apartment with beautiful blooms from the flower market. It’s amazing how something so simple can bring you such joy.

*Get my apartment published in a magazine.

*Continuing to build Sacramento Street into the creative and inspiring place for myself and my readers.

*Keep designing each and everyday in order to build my portfolio.

*Continue to grow my sponsors.

*Finally, try to get our wedding photographs published on one of the wedding blogs that helped inspire me when I was getting married.

*Go to bed twenty minutes earlier so I have time to read wonderful novels.

*Spend more time with my girlfriends – they are my support system and even when we’re all busy with our lives we need to get together for some girl time.

*Keep cooking at home during the week, but learn at least one new recipe each week.

*Most importantly, spend more time with Eric – whether it’s lounging at home, discovering new parts of San Francisco or traveling together.

What are your goals for 2011? I wish all of you a wonderful fresh and fabulous start to a new year!

19 responses to paths to cross in 2011

• Helena - A Diary of Lovely says:

these are wonderful ideas Caitlin, Im adopting some for myself too :) Happy New Year xoxo

• Will @ Bright.Bazaar says:

Happy New Year, Caitlin! I love your list – a puppy sounds lots of fun! xo

• Amber's Notebook says:

Oh I have been looking into Istanbul as well! Fabulous list!

Amber's Notebook

• ruffledrose.com says:

Every year I take a trip with my mum and nana. They are some of my favourite holiday memories!
    - Vanessa Elizabeth

• Alicia says:

Caitlin, your goals are inspiring. I didn't make any this year but now I want to! I especially love that you want to travel with your mom (so sweet!). xx

• wishful nals says:

great goals. it must feel WONDERFUL to know that you've accomplished so much. happy 2011. xo

• Amanda says:

Great goals! You have accomplished so much…cheers to you!

• The Iconic Blog.com says:

My goal is to blog a minimum of 5x per week.x

• Captivated by image says:

Love your goals, some are very realistic and true! Spending time with loved ones and working on your own qualities are the best goals in life I think. Love your blog!! Hope your goals come true this year as well.

• Caitlin says:

Thank for all of your wonderful and supportive comments. The blog wouldn't be the same without you! I look forward to seeing what all of us accomplish in 2011. Happy new year!

• Vintage is for Lovers says:

I Love your goals for 2011 and I look forward to seeing them come to fruition! Your blog has been an inspiration to me as I have started my own . . . I hope my list looks similar to your's one day! Wishing you all the best of continued success in life and Love! xo Samantha

• natalie says:

I'll be sure to help you with at least one of those goals. ;) Happy New Year, Caitlin. Keep up that inspiring work.

• Katie of Modern Oasis says:

I love having fresh flowers and plants in our home…definitely worth it! One of my goals this year is to make sure to take time to fill my creative well…as an art teacher, it gets drained pretty quickly and I feel I am desperate for a refill!
    XOXO
    Katie

• shanners says:

happy new year!
    what a wonderful and INSPIRING list! and so proud that you accomplished every items from last year's list too!
    ps. looking forward to meeting you on friday!

• Global Atelier says:

I love the goal on traveling with your mum!!!! Can't wait to hear where it will be!

• Amanda says:

Beautiful! Inspiring!
    I am hoping to finally allot the time for me to practice yoga and also to learn to spend one on one time with my husband and each of our three daughters. Oh, the slicing of this pie!

• Jenn @ Department of the Interior says:

Love this! Wishing you continued success and happiness in 2011!

• Simply Mel says:

Well you know I have some great tips for all three of the places you wish to travel with 'mum'!

I have a good feeling you will accomplish all your goals and much more!

• Sarah Klassen says:

sounds like you have some great goals for the new year — some large and some small — but all sound great! I think that this year, one of my goals will be to get up 1/2 hr. earlier so that my day begins on a more productive note…

xx