to cover or not to cover?

I’ve thought long and hard about covering my books that I display on my bookcase. This image solidifies my thought about doing it – they look beautiful. Although, I don’t think I have handwriting like that.

Wouldn’t they look wonderful placed on your shelves? I sure think so.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

19 Comments

1. abode love

I adore this treatment- and I was JUST telling my husband that I was going to do this to all of our books on display THIS weekend! I am so happy to have caught this post JUST in time! Love the style…

abodelove.blogspot.com

2. Molly

I'm sucha nerd but my favorite part of each new school year was covering my books… I think I probably grew out of it in high school but phew, when I was in grade school you would have thought it was an art form to me :) Take pictures once you cover yours!!
    xxoo
    Molly

3. Maia McDonald

That handwriting is simply stunning! I also like the white ink on the brown paper, really nice.

4. ruffledrose.com

Those are lovely. If I had endless amounts of money I would totally pay a calligrapher to do something like that.
    But I do have a number of vintage hardcover books with great spines. I don't think I'd want to cover those.
    – xo, Vanessa Elizabeth

5. Claudia Cifuentes

I agree with Maia. If I had that handwriting I would definitely consider – beautiful!

6. monster cakes

Holy moly I love this idea! I've never even thought of this, so thank you so much for the idea! I'm an avid reader, and I love displaying my books, so this is the best idea.

7. SAMI.

while i like the way these look i think i like the touch and smell of my books and all their various covers to make them all look the same!

xo
    sami

8. Brittany {Gallery No. Eight}

I've never thought of covering books, but I do like it here. I also like seeing the uniqueness of some book covers. It does give a more uniform look though.

9. Alicia

love this Caitlin! what a great idea!!

10. mgkaelen

i cover my travel books like this so i don't stick out like a sore thumb in foreign countries staring at a map…. i usually use 'novelty' craft paper, this is subtle and the white is great!

11. Mauimandy@The Grains of Paradise

I love this idea and have been thinking about doing it for years ever since I saw photos of India Hicks Harbour Island home……

12. Liz Stanley

Yes! So genius but I need to work on my calligraphy. So fun to meet you in person. Your blog is so LOVELY!

13. Jenn @ Department of the Interior

I've been wanting to do this too! I have huge built-ins and hate the visual clutter it creates. But I refuse to live without my books.

My handwriting is atrocious, though. Maybe lettered stamps from Paper Source could work?

14. Elizabeth

Ha- I thought just the opposite. I love my handwriting, but wrapping up every book would be so tedious!

Shout if you want to organize a book-covering party :)

15. Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss

Love this. A lot. But you are right- the handwriting makes it!

16. Jessica | Destined to Design

Oh, love that calligraphy!

17. Champagne/CrushParty/StitchPoet

I adore this idea! I wanna do this in the bookcase in my bedroom! Love love love your blog I'm crushparty & crushculdesac and prettystuff (patterson maker) is my daughter :) It was fun to stumble onto both of our links in the same post here today! the internet is making the world so small after all! xo happy weekend! (clicked over from mackin ink)

18. Mina

Can I just say I absolutely loooove this idea?!? It makes it uniform, neat and sleek. Not to mention… chic. Especially for those eye sore books that we all have (like old college text books and such). Love it! Thanks for the inspiration!

19. Nicole C

what a lovely idea! thanks for the inspiration, you should totally do it!

×
Stay Inspired

Sign up to receive Sacramento Street’s latest posts & exclusive design advice straight to your inbox!

×