a new week . . .

This weekend I danced my way into summer by filling our apartment with beautiful blooms (dying over these dogwood branches), fresh homemade meals and of course busting out my summer sandals. This long weekend was incredibly relaxing and rejuvenating – it was one of those weekends where I was finally able to sit at home with a cup of tea and enjoy some good reads. I even went and picked up two new summer reads: How Did You Get This Number and Atlas of Unknowns. Taking time to slow down, sleep in a little longer and enjoying time at home is exactly the way I needed to start summer. How did all of you begin your summer? I hope all of you relished an extra day off as much as I did – it felt like such a luxury!

Have a wonderful start to your week!

*photo: taken by me

7 responses to a new week . . .

• Patricia says:

Beautiful dogwood branches! Beautiful photograph! I think that is my favorite "beginning of summer" photo ever!
    Thanks for the inspiration :)
    xo,
    Patricia

• Lisa Maria says:

Your weekend sounded perfect. And I also just picked up "How did you get this number?" I ended up spending a lot of time making and drinking juice, eating and lounging at the pool and it was perfect.

• Will @ Bright.Bazaar says:

The extra day off was SUCH a luxury. We went to a photography exhibition in Kensington and then cooked up some gorgeous food.

Your blooms are so pretty! xo

• Caitlin says:

Patricia – thank you ;)

Lisa – I know a lot of friends that picked it up this weekend. Hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think of it!

Will – Sounds like the perfect weekend. I bet you made some marvelous meals. It was so nice having that extra day to be lazy and get things done. xx

• www.StarHughes.com says:

Sounds like a great weekend!! I did enjoy the extra day off – it was so nice to spend the weekend with family and friends and catching up on my sleep! Beautiful flowers – I love dogwood branches too!
    ~Star
    Star Hughes Living

• Tamra of walkswithBella says:

Dogwood delight! Love filling the home with flowers in the summer. I spent a lot of the Memorial day weekend catching up on my never ending list of to-dos, which also included sleeping in. :)

• Jenny | Aubrey Road says: