outdoor living: which one do you adore?

With the sun and bright blue skies still gracing us with its presence, all I can think about is having a deck or outdoor patio. I imagine eating al fresco as the sun sets over the bay . . . maybe we’ll get lucky and have one in our next home. When you I don’t have something in my home, I always dream up what I would do if I did have it. All of the above images have little bits that are dream-worthy.

What would you look for in an outdoor patio or deck? Would you use it to lounge around or to host a little dinner party? Ahhhhh . . . the possibilities and have a little oasis to call you own.

Images: 1. French by Design 2. Melanie Acevedo for Domino 3. House & Home Summer 2003, photography by George Whiteside 4. Frank Features via Coco + Kelley 5. Thom Filicia

16 responses to outdoor living: which one do you adore?

• Lauren says:

oooh, I love them all but if I had to choose, that last image with the fireplace looks like a great spot for wine and conversation!

• Melissa says:

Definitely tough to decide, but the second pic looks like the perfect spot to curl up with a good book or take a catnap!

• christine donee says:

ooo that first or second one.. definitely.

• Stephanie says:

Love the first one. It feels very Euro/rustic. I would eat every meal out there if I could!!

• Erika @ ~TiptoeButterfly~ says:

HOW DO YOU PICK?!?! – i'm ALLLLLLL about being outside when the weather allows – i LOVE being in the outdoors and soaking it all up!

• Redlilocks {Swoon Worthy} says:

Love the table in the first pic, the lanterns in the 2nd, the SPACE in the 3rd, the chaise in the 4th and the location in the 5th – I'd be happy really with any of them! I have a deck now and it's no where near as lovely as these. Thanks for the inspiration xx

• Alice Olive says:

Oh, wow, love the fourth image. Are they Risom chairs? (Spelling might be off here…) Stunning!

• Erin says:

#3 and #5 are pretty much utter perfection.

• carrie {steinbeck says} says:

I adore the deck over the water! Reminds me of being back home on the lake. And… I even have one of the chairs. Happy Tuesday!

• Luella and June says:

I love the 3rd picture down! That deck is amazing and how fun it would be to have dinner parties out there!

• Lisa says:

#2 for me — looks like the perfect place for an afternoon nap, cozying up with a book, or just lounging around!

• Will @ Bright.Bazaar says:

The first space has a very romantic charm to it, so being a die hard romantic, I think I'd have to plump for that one!

• articulateart says:

The 3rd one is awesome! Looks really comfortable and a great way to spend dinner with friends and family!

• South of Market says:

Love the symmetry in #3…

• Sarah Jane says:

Love these pics, been fixing up my small outdoor space and on the hunt for a rug;) The space is for grilling and lounging and staring at the lake. I'm also experimenting with my 'green thumb' – it's a long shot;)

• Patios clotures says:

Yes, it is true that there are so many choices for wonderful outdoor furniture these days and thanks for sharing the beautiful outdoor pictures.
    deck builder