inspiration: bathroom vignette

This weekend I was thinking of ways to spruce up our bathroom – it’s hard to work around what you can’t replace, but we’re lucky our bathroom is actually quite nice. This vignette on top of the toilet had me swooning. Although it is simple, it has personal touches that I adore: the photo, single stem flower and beautiful products all on a shiny silver tray. Do you have any decor ideas when it comes to your bathroom? I’m going to try to replicate this in my bathroom with items I already have.

Photo: Brides.com via Domino

20 responses to inspiration: bathroom vignette

• Forever Lovely says:

This is so pretty and simple! Now this has got me thinking of ways to spruce up my bathroom as well :)

-Heather

• Irena Graf, says:

I love Ryan Korban's work! this picture is from his own bathroom. Check Lonny Issue February/March 2010 for more pictures of his fabulous ever changing home. You can see the bathroom before he arranged the tray so nicely. The picture itself may be found on the home decor section of brides.com, they have taken over some content of domino magazine…enjoy! http://www.brides.com/home-wedding-registry/home-decor/2010/06/Domino_How_To_Control_Your_Clutter#slide=1

• jillian :: cornflake dreams. says:

cute! i love the little tray. xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

• Kate {domestikatedlife} says:

One of my favorite images — wish my bathroom looked that crisp and feminine!

• s a m says:

This is a great use of space! I've never thought of putting any kind of decorative element on the top of a toilet.

It's a space we all have, but it's not often utitilized. I live in a studio, so I need every inch I can get!

• Anonymous says:

Please do share when you create your own vignette! I have been really enjoying your Monday inspiration round-ups; so nice to see blogger's own work and not simply montages of other people's (no matter how stunning!).

• jacquelyn | lark + linen says:

Lovely!
    My bathroom and my bedroom are in some need of some love. I like this look and feel!

• Caitlin says:

Irena – thank you so much for the source link. Posting now!

Love that this inspired you all to spruce up your bathrooms. I'll be sure to post the top of mine when I'm finished!

• Arianna Belle {Organized Interiors} says:

I've been wanting to do something like that ever since I saw it in domino. That tray is the perfect size and bummed its no longer available (I even remember the name of it Can Can Girl mirrored tray at urban outfitters)! Haven't been able to find a similar one yet :-/

• Beth C says:

Very pretty–but it's so hard to keep that kind of stuff clean! I have a ceramic tray with a couple of candles in my bathroom, and while it looks nice, it attracts dust like a magnet.

• Bridget says:

Lovely idea! I have a little ceramic soap dish with a bird on sat on top of our cistern. Not quite the same size or scope but handy for collecting bits and pieces that end up around our sink. Pretty too! I love the mirrored tray
    x

• Helena - A Diary of Lovely says:

This is one of my very favourite images, Im a beauty junkie and really love staked products together with the pretty mirrored tray and picture makes it really perfcet

• CAMILLE STYLES says:

This is SO pretty! Who knew a toilet could be transformed into a conversation piece?!

• Shop Sweet Things with Jeanne says:

This is a beautiful vignette! I love the idea of adding a personal photo and the pretty shiny tray. Can't wait to see how you will arrange yours. Hope you will share!

• About Last Weekend says:

We don't have a toilet top – just one of those ones sticking out in the air, but love this use of the space!

• Sarah York says:

I just recently started doing something to my bathroom, pictures on the wall, collection of matchbooks in a bowl, candles, vase with sticks on top of the toilet (sounds strange, but actually looks quite good). Love this idea too!

• @MichelleDrewes says:

I love this! It looks well-composed instead of cluttered. You have me thinking about what I can do with my bathroom!

Inspiring as alway. : )

xoxo
    M

• Jones says:

Wish my toilet was this chic. Thanks for the great inspiration!! Chic Rooms

• The Vintique Object says:

Caitlin — don't know if you're in the market for a new shower curtain, but one idea that I absolutely love, and which is next on my list for our bathroom, is to get two extra-long shower curtains. Hang them high and keep them open when not in use — like curtains on a window.

Similar to this: http://loftandcottage.blogspot.com/search?q=shower+curtain