I’m Loving . . .

Perfecting a messy bun seems more challenging than wearing my hair down. Do any of you feel the same way? This one in particular is at the perfect height and is slightly messy, but not too messy that it looks like you just rolled out of bed. I’ll be attempting it this weekend.

A delicious treat that’s perfect for a movie night at home. It’s the grownup version of milk and cookies!

Who doesn’t need a little metallic on their desk? This is going on my Christmas wish list.

It’s been another whirlwind week at work and after tomorrow’s photo shoot I’ll be ready to unwind at home being lazy and cozying up in bed with my stack of magazines I’ve been neglecting. Wish we could skip Friday and go straight into the weekend!

PS. Don’t forget to enter the iPad case giveaway with Graphic Image – pop on over to enter!

Photos: 1. tick tock vintage 2. la receta de la felicidad 3. Freshly Picked 4. Daniella

14 responses to I’m Loving . . .

• Lisa says:

As a long-time reader of This is Glamorous, I couldn't help but notice that a lot of your recent "discoveries" are often from her blog, and more specifically, her awesome weekend links lists, and never given credit; for instance, the mouse pad from this post:

looks like it was from here

citified.blogspot.com/2011/10/hope-youre-having-beautiful-autumn.html

and the butternut squash recipe from this post

was from here

and the cape

was also from a weekend links post, but I can't remember which one.

• Grace says:

I'm so with you about the messy bun!

-grace

• Caitlin says:

Lisa – Roseline and I are actually dear friends. We've got very similar taste and style so it doesn't surprise me when things overlap on our blogs. I didn't noticed that she posted those links before me but thanks for pointing that out. Thanks for popping by!

Grace – I'm definitely trying it this weekend!

• Daniella says:

Love the messy bun! What a great find… it's so hard to recreate that pretty/messy look with my curls, lol… I just don't have the right texture!

• Eleni says:

I know exactly what you mean by the messy bun and I love the days it comes out pretty effortlessly- not always the case as you know!

• Jennings and Gates says:

Great post. Wow. It isn't just the artfully messy bun. It's also the vintage coat and the librarian glasses on the incredibly beautiful girl. I so love it when style just falls effortlessly (or seems to) into place. Good luck with your chignon this weekend. Take a picture!

• Imwaytoobusy says:

I loved every single photo. If I could perfect the messy bun, I'd be a happy girl.

…and grown-up milk and cookies? I'd love that ;)

• Stephanie says:

I love that messy bun. I need to work on that. My buns always turn out too ballerina-ish or just way too messy. I need to find that balance!!

• Katherine says:

Love the messy bun as well – I have attempted it many a time but actually think I might need to use a bumpit – ahh!

• Emily @ Little Bits of Delight says:

I'd love hair like that – It looks naturaly thick, too, no? {serious envy over here!}

• Elise / Pennyweight says:

Lovely, lovely photos as usual Caitlin! I feel the EXACT same way about the bun thing! Mine's either a crazy mess or I wear it down. Let me know how yours turns out this weekend. :) xo

• Aletheia says:

I'm a huge fan of the messy bun myself.

• Designs Good says:

I'm sporting a messy bun today … some days it works perfectly w/little effort, but others days turn into a bun AND headband. I find that the more volume I have in my hair when I wake up in the morning, the better my messy bun!

• Molly says:

that mouse pad is to die for! ordering one for my mama for xmas!