Since the air is growing cooler all I want to eat at night is comfort food. So, I’ve been turning to My Baking Addiction for inspiration in the kitchen. From soup, to pastas, to baked goods – this blog has it all and let me tell you, each recipe I’ve made is better than the last.
On the menu for this week, Mac and Cheese with Roasted Chicken, Goat Cheese, and Rosemary – I have a feeling it’s going to be heavenly.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound dried rigatoni
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 clove fresh garlic, crushed
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 2 cups shredded roasted chicken
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Place a large pot of salted water over high heat and bring to a rapid boil. Add the oil and rigatoni to the water and cook according to the directions on the package, 10-12 minutes.
2. While you are waiting for the water to boil, pour the cream into a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add the rosemary and garlic to the cream and bring it to a simmer – take care not to let it boil over. Allow the cream to reduce by about half.
3. Stir in the goat cheese and chicken and continue cooking it till the cream coats the back of a spoon.
4. Thoroughly drain the pasta. Add the pasta to the sauce. Coat the pasta in the sauce and simmer over low heat for a few minutes. Serve hot.
Be sure to pop over to My Baking Addiction to get her tips on this recipe and to check out some of her other fabulous ideas.