One of my favorite sides at Thanksgiving is brussels sprouts – they are heavenly. It’s the perfect side to the traditional turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and cranberry sauce. I usually roast them in the oven with a little olive oil and pepper but this recipe caught my eye so I’m going to give it a whirl.
300g (10oz) brussels sprouts
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon sherry vinegar or rice wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
small handful pinenuts, optional
1. Preheat oven to 400F. And get an oven-proof skillet or frying pan on a high heat.
2. Trim the bases of your sprouts and halve lengthwise.
3. Add a few tablespoons oil to the pan and add the sprouts. Cook for a few minutes or until they start to smell good.
4. Transfer to the oven and continue cooking for 10-15 minutes or until sprouts are tender and well caramelised on the side facing down.
5. Meanwhile, mix fish sauce, vinegar, chilli and 1 tablespoon water. Season to taste with a few pinches of sugar.
6. Toss hot brussels sprouts in the dressing and serve with pinenuts, if using.
Hope this recipe gives you some inspiration in the kitchen. Bon appétit everyone!
Recipe from Stone Soup