currently coveting . . .

This is my uniform – neutrals from head to toe. I’ve tried to incorporate color into my wardrobe, but I just can’t make it happen . . . unless you count navy or an occasional bright scarf? When I came across these street style shots I instantly became inspired. There is something incredibly chic about black, white and gray ensembles. What do you think?

Photos: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4

13 responses to currently coveting . . .

• Helena - A Diary of Lovely says:

this is indeed so you! and it suits you so its ok if colour is not your thing

• Betsy Soos says:

I'm glad I'm not the only blogger that prefers my blacks, greys, and other neutrals! I force myself to buy colorful jeans and blouses but deep down, I'm really a neutral girl :)

• classiq says:

My first choice. Always. :)
    Ada

• Daniella says:

Agreed! I love a neutral palette. I need to get some more classic, chicer pieces though. I have a lot of basics right now…

• Cherrybee says:

wow, love all of those things especially the oat with the fishbone pattern.

its of love cherrybee

• Viviana says:

Those heels have been added to my wishlist as well ;)

• Dylan Drake says:

Couldn't agree more. I am for one who loves the black and white ensemble. It's classic and done properly you can look 'oh-so' chic. My idea of adding color comes with the shoes or accessories. Other than that I am a black and white kind of girl!

• Little Blond Bird says:

Those shoes are fantastic! Great images.

• Amy says:

I love this color ensemble. It is the easiest and most versatile look, no matter what city or situation I find myself in.

I especially love those heels! i can't for the weather to warm up a bit more in LA to start wearing open-toe heels again!

Cheers.

• Becca - (extra)ordinary wonders says:

I feel the same way! I have had a hard time wearing more color as I tend to be more drawn to neutrals and interesting texture mixes when it comes to clothing. Those heels are pretty incredible.

• Lauren says:

I completely agree. I've tried so often to incorporate colour into my wardrobe and it just never quite looks right on me. Love the photos you found.

There's something so timeless about black and white. You'll never look back at photos and cringe at your outfit when you stay with neutrals. Well-almost never :)

• With love... says:

Gorgeous. I love neutrals too.
    have a splendid weekend.

• bykristine says:

yup, works every time! I try to use a bit of color as well, but looking in my wardrobe there's black, white, beige, and grey… Easy to combine, looks classy. What more could you ask for?