currently coveting . . .

This is my uniform – neutrals from head to toe. I’ve tried to incorporate color into my wardrobe, but I just can’t make it happen . . . unless you count navy or an occasional bright scarf? When I came across these street style shots I instantly became inspired. There is something incredibly chic about black, white and gray ensembles. What do you think?

Photos: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

13 Comments

1. Helena - A Diary of Lovely

this is indeed so you! and it suits you so its ok if colour is not your thing

2. Betsy Soos

I'm glad I'm not the only blogger that prefers my blacks, greys, and other neutrals! I force myself to buy colorful jeans and blouses but deep down, I'm really a neutral girl :)

3. classiq

My first choice. Always. :)
    Ada

4. Daniella

Agreed! I love a neutral palette. I need to get some more classic, chicer pieces though. I have a lot of basics right now…

5. Cherrybee

wow, love all of those things especially the oat with the fishbone pattern.

its of love cherrybee

6. Viviana

Those heels have been added to my wishlist as well 😉

7. Dylan Drake

Couldn't agree more. I am for one who loves the black and white ensemble. It's classic and done properly you can look 'oh-so' chic. My idea of adding color comes with the shoes or accessories. Other than that I am a black and white kind of girl!

8. Little Blond Bird

Those shoes are fantastic! Great images.

9. Amy

I love this color ensemble. It is the easiest and most versatile look, no matter what city or situation I find myself in.

I especially love those heels! i can't for the weather to warm up a bit more in LA to start wearing open-toe heels again!

Cheers.

10. Becca - (extra)ordinary wonders

I feel the same way! I have had a hard time wearing more color as I tend to be more drawn to neutrals and interesting texture mixes when it comes to clothing. Those heels are pretty incredible.

11. Lauren

I completely agree. I've tried so often to incorporate colour into my wardrobe and it just never quite looks right on me. Love the photos you found.

There's something so timeless about black and white. You'll never look back at photos and cringe at your outfit when you stay with neutrals. Well-almost never :)

12. With love...

Gorgeous. I love neutrals too.
    have a splendid weekend.

13. bykristine

yup, works every time! I try to use a bit of color as well, but looking in my wardrobe there's black, white, beige, and grey… Easy to combine, looks classy. What more could you ask for?

×
Stay Inspired

Sign up to receive Sacramento Street’s latest posts & exclusive design advice straight to your inbox!

×