I can’t begin to tell you how many caprese salads I’ve had throughout the past few weeks. When I walk into the grocery store all I want to cook with are the delicious vegetables that are in season – Eric is wondering where the meat is. Last night, while cooking dinner for a girls night we made up this summertime salad. Nothing was left on the platter – it was mouth-watering! Bonus: it’s so simple to make.
Bon appetit friends!
Summertime Caprese Salad
4 to 5 heirloom tomatoes
8 oz mozzarella
2 ears of white corn
1/2 cup of english peas
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1/3 cup of basil
1.5 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
1. On a large platter arrange sliced heirloom tomato and mozzarella slices, alternating and overlapping them.
2. Place slice avocado on top spread out evenly around the platter.
3. Cut corn of cob and layer over tomato, mozzarella and avocado. Then add the fresh english peas.
4. Sprinkle salad with basil and drizzle with oil.
5. Season salad with salt and pepper.
iPhone photo by Caitlin Flemming