On the Menu: Roasted Chipotle Butternut Squash, Black Beans, and Goat Cheese Tostadas

We’re constantly trying to reinvent our favorite dinner staples – who isn’t? Lately we’ve been making variations of different tacos trying to mix it up. A few weeks ago I pinned this yummy looking recipe and since we’re now home getting back into our routine, I gave it a whirl. All I can say is Y-U-M! The  combination of butternut squash with chipotle was mouth watering. Add this into your menu this week friends, you won’t regret it!

Enjoy!

Roasted Chipotle Butternut Squash, Black Beans, and Goat Cheese Tostadas

Ingredients

2 cups ¼” cubed butternut squash
1 medium red onion
1 tablespoon olive oil
1-2 teaspoon crushed dried chipotle peppers
¼ teaspoon salt
————————
½ cup black beans, rinsed and drained if using canned
Juice from half a lime
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon olive oil
————————
4 corn tortillas
2-3 ounces goat cheese

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 425˚.
2. Roughly dice onion and toss with cubed butternut squash. Combine olive oil, 1 teaspoon crushed chipotle peppers, and salt. Add to butternut squash and toss again to coat. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until squash is tender and beginning to brown.
3. In a bowl, combine black beans, lime juice, honey, and olive oil. Once squash is done, add to black beans and stir. Spoon squash and black bean mixture on to corn tortillas and sprinkle with goat cheese.
4. Place tortillas in the oven and let bake until the goat cheese is browning and the tortillas is crisp, 10-15 minutes.

Recipe and photo by Naturally Ella

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

12 Comments

1. Elizabeth

Oh wow! This looks amazing. I have been searching for new recipes lately and this is perfect. I am adding it to my menu plan next week. Thanks for sharing.

2. Kate

I am making these at this very moment, as I just realized that the orange squash and the black beans mixed together make the perfect San Francisco Giants dish!!! Thank you for the great recipe.

3. Tina

Just pinned your tostada recipe… definitely trying this out this week!!

xoxo
    Tina

GO GIANTS!!!

4. Amber

Made this for dinner the first time last night. This is AMAZING!! I’ve been trying to incorporate vegetarian dishes in my meal plan and this was perfect. Very filling and my husband loved it too. Thank you

5. Lisa

LOVED this!! Thank you!!

6. Carol Cottrill

Thanks for sharing! I am a nutritionist- aways on the look-out for wonderful vegetarian recipes to help my clients see how delicious meatless choices can be. I just added this to my facebook page as well.

Merci beaucoup!

7. Lynn

Mmmmmm…..can’t wait to try it! It is amazing how you have never posted a recipe I didn’t want to try. :)

8. Things I’m Liking These Days |

[…] recipe.  I am constantly looking for great meatless entrees.  We are far from vegetarian, but there are […]

9. Sarah

What is the herb you diced on top? Making these tonight and love the splash of green!

10. Cynthia

Great recipe! My family really enjoyed it. I didn’t have any cilantro for the top though :( we felt like it could have used some kind of drizzle sauce on the top. Maybe a chipotle / sour cream ish concoction.

11. Elana

These are sooo yummy! Thanks for the recipe- I keep making them :)

12. CK

I substituted chorizo for the black beans (my man needs some meat!!) and made a goat cheese avocado sauce to drizzle on top…so delicious!!

×
Stay Inspired

Sign up to receive Sacramento Street’s latest posts & exclusive design advice straight to your inbox!

×