After an amazing journey to High Point, I’m home. And because of the rich and delicious food that I ate the past five days I’m craving salad – lots and lots of salad. This one instantly popped out to me. It’s simple and looks delicious. Simple is key for the rest of the week since I’ll be slowly regaining my energy from walking miles and miles at High Point.
What are you craving this week? Hope you enjoy this one
Pear, Blue Cheese and Walnut Salad
- 2 ripe pears (conference pears, preferably)
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 150 g – 200 g baby leaf salad (1 pkg)
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 50 g blue cheese, chopped
- 4 tb extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1. Peel pears and core from the bottom. Cut the bottom of the pears, so they will stand upright.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400 ºF. Cut the puff pastry into 2-3 cm wide strips.
- 3. Starting at the top, wind a pastry strip around one pear, slightly overlapping the edges of the pastry and tucking the end under the pear. Repeat with the remaining pastry strips and pear.
- 4. Place the wrapped pears onto a baking sheet, and bake for approximately 15 minute. If the pear top browns too fast, cover it with aluminum foil.
- 5. Remove from the oven, and set aside whilst preparing the salad.
- 6. Distribute the baby leaf salad in two bowls. Add the walnuts and blue cheese, and toss to mix evenly.
- 7. In a separate bowl, mix dressing ingredients.
- 8. Place pears over the baby leaf salads, and serve together with salad dressing.
Photo and recipe by la receta de la felicidad
Is it Monday? Honestly, I can’t even begin to tell you what day of the week it is because the past two days have been jam-packed with non-stop walking through inspiring showrooms, lectures and events. Friends, I didn’t know what to expect at my first season of High Point Market, but let me tell you, it has been beyond what I even imagined. As I walked through some of the showrooms – Hickory Chair, Bernhardt, CR Laine, and many more – I couldn’t believe the amount of inspiration and innovative designs they are bringing to the table. I’m not only excited to recap my favorite things I’ve seen thus far here on Sacramento Street, but I can’t wait to share everything with my team of designers at work.
Be sure to keep following on twitter and instagram for real time trend spotting. I also promise I’ll be sharing my favorites here.
Have a fabulous start to your week!
Photo by Caitlin Flemming
It’s been another whirlwind week – since I’ve been gone every weekend for the past three weeks I’ve never had the chance to really unpack. Yesterday I was forced to finally unpack, do laundry and then pack all over again for North Carolina. I’m in route to High Point today – it’s my first time going!! Since I haven’t had a lot of downtime to think about going I’m feeling excited, nervous (I have no idea what to expect) and a little scared. I’m excited to meet up with a fabulous group of bloggers that I consider friends (Cass, Julieann and Crystal), meet new vendors that I can potentially work with on projects and of course get inspired.
Be sure to follow me on twitter and instagram – I’ll be sharing a lot of what I’m seeing. And when I get back I’ll be posting little snippets of what I loved.
Have a lovely weekend friends!
This gray and black casual ensemble is 100% my style.
Dreaming about finding a pair of chairs like this for a clients space.
My very favorite time of year – sweater weather. I love piling on the layers, especially the beautiful sweaters I’ve acquired over the years.
I’ve been on the hunt for good clean drapery hardware. I never thought about using lucite before but I think it would look amazing.
Mixing stripes and leopard has been my “thing” this fall – I know it just started, but I’ve actually been doing it all summer too. This chic outfit on Jenna is probably now going to be my go-to look of the season. You really cannot go wrong.
Lastly, I’m digging this clean and simple bedroom. I love the fact that there isn’t a lot of clutter.
So tell me, what are you loving this week?
The start of a new season means I get to start shopping for items off my fall wishlist. At the top – a new handbag, and I’m thinking a messenger bag is a must for all of the running around I’ve been doing. Now the question is which color . . . olive? navy? black? or brown? Decisions, decisions. What do you think?
1. 3.1 Phillip Lim Lark Messenger Bag
2. Clare Vivier Messenger Bag
3. Marc by Marc Jacobs Werdie Messenger Bag
4. Diane von Furstenberg Drew Messenger Bag