Taking a Leap!

I’ve been waiting to reveal my news to you until my last day of work – I quit my job! I’ve been afraid, nervous and also very excited to share this with all of you because I don’t have my business page up yet, but instead of keeping it a secret I wanted to get it out there in the world. I’ll be working with design clients, styling photo shoots for publications and lookbooks, and helping small (and large) businesses grow their social media strategies.  I’m thrilled to focus on my own way now. I’ve always been an entrepreneur at heart and it seemed like the perfect window of opportunity to dive into this new endeavor. I know this road will be bumpy but if I didn’t take the leap I’d never know what it would be like or what I can accomplish. So, I’m giving myself this opportunity and hopefully as this window closes many more will open up to me.

I can’t wait to see Sacramento Street grow and dive into fun, challenging and exciting projects in the near future! Definitely keep me in mind if you hear of any opportunities where you think I’d fit.

Cheers to all of you for being amazing supporters of Sacramento Street – without you I would have never been able to take this leap!

Have a lovely first weekend of December! I’m off to Dallas and Austin to visit the lovely Joslyn and Camille for a week, but I’ll be back here Monday with an exciting week of posts.

xx, Caitlin

Image: Monica Aguinaga

26 responses to Taking a Leap!

• Congratulations, so excited for you!

• Mark says:

Congrats! I am so excited for you. You will have so many great opportunities.

• stephanie says:

Oh gosh I totally relate! I took this big jump 6 months ago! it is frightening and inspiring and it takes balls! :) You go girl I am wishing you all the best! Pretty inspiring quote, we need those all around ourselves to keep on track on a daily basis! Yay.

• Congratulations Caitlin!! I am so incredibly excited for you! I know you only have fabulous things ahead! An inspiration to us all :) xx

• Cori Magee says:

How exciting Caitlin! Congratulations!!!

• Chloe Moon says:

Good for you!! You should be happy and enjoy your days whatever your passions are! I wish you all the best with your new endeavors! =)

• Jessica says:

So proud of you friend!!

• what a fantastic quote! And big congratulations to your big leap, and best wishes of success! Welcome to the world of living your dream and running your own biz – can’t wait to see your site! If you need help with branding or would like to brainstorm biz and see if we share synergies come check out my site AtelierGiselle.com or AstridMueller.com – I do brand development and design, and love to help other entrepreneurs succeed.

All the best! xoxo
    Astrid

• Sara Droz says:

Wishing you lots of success!!

• Sentrell says:

What great news! Congrats! I hope to be sharing the same news in the next year or so.

• Ingrid says:

Well done and best wishes in your new venture. I love your blog so I am sure your new venture will be a great success.

• Rhea Abahazy says:

Wonderful news, Caitlin! I started my own design business 2 years ago and have never looked back. It’s not always easy but there is nothing like being your own boss. All the best to you!

• Julie says:

I’m so proud of you. This is the beginning of something great!!! xox

• I’m so excited for you and your next chapter!! It’s a scary leap but I think it will be so worth it! XX

• This is amazing news! I am so excited for you! You are going to have an amazing career.

Xo
    Michelle

• Yay! I;m so excited for you and totally get how you feel having taken the jump myself not so long ago. Trust me, you won’t look back once! xo

• Cate says:

Congratulations! Can’t wait to see what you do next!

• Emilie says:

How exciting! I am an avid reader who’s never commented but I can’t help myself here. :) Congratulations my dear! Excellent news!!

• Maslinda says:

Caitlin, this is amazing news! I am so excited for you! Congrats!

• well done!! I’m sure you will do amazingly well. You are talented and hard working! all the best Caitlin!

• kari maxwell says:

Congratulations on taking the leap!

• Becca says:

Congratulations! This is so exciting. I am taking a similar leap, and it’s so scary – but you’ve got to just go for it. I can’t wait to see what you will do.

• Annabelle says:

Congrats! Following your dreams is scary but thrilling; I hope it goes great for you.

• classiq says:

Congratulations and the best of luck!
    Ada

• Jessi Rayhill says:

Congrats to you for following your dreams. I’m envious of your courage. good luck, x.

• Ann says:

Congratulations and very best of luck. I look forward to see your future work. I bet it will be as inspiring as your blog!