Weekend Inspiration

There’s nothing I love more than a road trip – being on the open road, not knowing what town you might pass through that will inspire you . . . it’s a blast in my eyes. I’ll be packing up my bags for a road trip that will take my mom and I to Carmel, Santa Barbara and LA. I can’t wait to discover new shops, photograph amazing creative woman for my workspace series (friends get excited!!) and go to a few restaurants that have been on my list for a long time. It’s going to be quite a journey – follow the inspiration on twitter and instagram.

So as we head into the weekend I’d love for you to tell me about some of your favorite places in Santa Barbara and LA that are on your must see/do list!
Don’t worry, next week will be filled with beautiful and inspiring posts – get ready for a fun recipe and beautiful room anatomy posts from our awesome contributors Susan and Brittany. If you can wait until then check out On the Menu for recipes and Room Anatomy to get inspired in the kitchen and if you want to spruce up a room.
Until Monday!

xx, Caitlin

Editorial photographed by Corrie Bond and styled by Kate Harrowsmith for Marie Claire Australia

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

7 Comments

1. Erin

I love Carmel! It’s such a cute, little town. You will have a beautiful, very inspiring weekend.

2. Karen

Looking forward to your lovely images. Have a great trip :)

3. Anne

“my mom and me” (not I)! You’ll know if it sounds correct taking out “my mom” – you wouldn’t say “that will take I to Carmel, etc”

Have a great trip!

4. bungalowc

Hello! For L.A. advice check out today’s bungalowC. post: includes travel tips for beautiful people headed to L.A. and the Venice Modern Home Tour (start’s tomorrow!). Plus, browse recent posts for favorite Los Angeles guides and itineraries; the best places in LA (and Santa Barbara) for a fantastic pasta dinner; how to get beach hair; and a bag that makes the perfect souvenir — Enjoy! http://www.bungalowc.com
    P.S. so, so many interiors shops…definitely stop by Maison K when in SB and Nathan Turner in LA

5. Dee

Check out Botanik in Summerland just south of Santa Barbara, a beautiful small bungalow and garden filled with exquisite treasures. My favorite inspiration stop when I head north to SB.
    Have a fabulous trip!

6. The Kate Keeper

I lived in Santa Barbara for two years, before moving to San Francisco and have nothing but great memories and loads of recommendations. If you like Mediterranean food, head to Zaytoon for unprecedented ambiance and amazing labneh. For coffee, don’t miss the French Press on State Street, and for views, head to Butterfly Beach in Montecito and find the path that follows the cliffs. I hope your trip is wonderful! I can’t wait to get back.

7. Christina Straw

We go to Santa Barbara every year (from the Bay Area) and love Bacara resort and spa for lunch, pool time and massages. Carlito’s mexican restaurant on State Street is terrific and you have to go to McConnell’s (the best ice cream ever!). The San Ysidro Ranch is pretty amazing. It would be nice to have lunch on the patio there (we had dessert and drinks there).

×
Stay Inspired

Sign up to receive Sacramento Street’s latest posts & exclusive design advice straight to your inbox!

×