With chilly mornings ahead who wants to get out of their pajamas? I certainly don’t. I relish my time in them on the weekdays and weekends since they are always so cozy. With that in mind I thought you might be looking for a new breakfast recipe to make for you and your loved ones. It’s easy and will be a hit amongst everyone. These pumpkin pancakes make your home smell like autumn and they taste like fall is bursting in your mouth. So enjoy an extra hour or two or three in your pajamas and surprise everyone in your house with these delicious pumpkin pancakes!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each cinnamon, ground ginger, and salt
- 2 tablespoons of flax seed
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- a pinch of ground cloves.
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
1. In one bowl whisk together 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour; 2 tablespoons sugar; 2 teaspoons baking powder; 1/2 teaspoon each cinnamon, 1 tablespoon of flax seed, ground ginger, and salt.
2. Once this is blended together add 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg; and a pinch of ground cloves.
3. In another bowl, stir together 1 cup milk, 6 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree, 2 tablespoons melted butter, and 1 egg.
4. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir together until it’s consistently smooth in texture.
5. Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Pour roughly about 1/4 of a cup of batter for each pancake one pan.
6. Cook each pancake about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
7. Serve and top with a little butter and maple syrup.
Recipe by Eric Flemming | Photo by Caitlin Flemming