Four Favorites

Four Favorites

One of my resolutions this year is to buy quality over quantity. My mom taught me at a young age that it’s better to save for a coveted handbag, sweater, or a pair of shoes that would last years rather than buying a lot of low quality items that fall apart. It’s something I hope I can pass along to my kids when we have them. Until then I wanted to start sharing items in this Four Favorites series that I consider are quality items that I would put in my closet. Don’t worry, there will be less expensive options in the shopping scroll at the bottom, but I hope to spread my resolution and habit onto all of you.

I’m kicking it off with handbags. Who doesn’t want to start the year with a new purse? I love all of these options. They are classic, will wear amazing over the years and some are US made, which I love and support.

1. The Portfolio Tote by Everlane

2. All Soft Shoulder Bag by Celine

3. Classic City Bag by Coach

4. Simple Tote by Clare Vivier

More classics for your shoulder.

7 responses to Four Favorites

• Lynne says:

My mom taught me just the opposite, I had to learn this on my own!! So much better to have a fewer nice things than a bunch of junk!! Love your selections :)

• Caitlin says:

At least you were able to learn on your own. It’s such a better way to live. Glad you liked these picks. Happy new year!

• katie says:

I absolutely adore this sentiment! It’s something I’ve begun considering during the second half of 2013 and am ready to fully accept it for 2014! Love that Celine….I can’t wait to get one that is sizable enough to hold all my daily junk! :) Huge fan of your blog!

• Caitlin says:

So glad you adore this – I’ve been saving for my coveted bag. Which one are you eyeing? ps. Love your work!! Thanks for being a follower. Don’t be shy ;)

• Katie says:

Thank you for your kind words, Caitlin! Reading your blog has really helped me appreciate the “quality vs. quantity” idea that I’ve begun to instill into my wardrobe. It’s simplifying, and even liberating to not be weighed down by extra junk. It feels really good to know that I’m not wasting money on poor quality items anymore, and that when I do make a purchase, it’s like a little luxury for myself. A present!

Thinking about bags, I really would love the timeless beauty and function of the Celine luggage in Caramel calfskin, size mini! It would never lose its style and would make every easygoing style look chic and amazing. Also it would be just the right size for what I carry everyday to work, Dare I dream?? Hopefully I’ll be able to save up for it this year. :) Is the Celine All Soft Bag you posted above the dream bag that you’re saving for? Such a beauty!!

• Caitlin says:

Of course – I’m so glad I’ve inspired you! Makes me incredibly happy. I’ve been coveting the Luggage Tote in Pebbled Leather for years. Almost enough saved up for it! I love how classic and timeless Celine handbags are.

• Bee says:

Found your blog thru Pinterest, Blissfulblog and then found my way here!! Love your pictures, content & style! It would be wonderful if you started a Pinterest board of your Four Favorites too!! I went searching for that first as I loved the layout of the picks!! I bookmarked your page!! I will be back!! ;) bee