Travel Essentials: Paris

Paris Map | Sacramento StreetTravel Essentials: Paris | Sacramento StreetWhile I’m still daydreaming about the three days I spent in Paris, I wanted to share the travel essentials that I loved having with me. When packing for Paris I always try to remember that everyone dresses a little more chic – even for a quick run to the grocery store. With that being said, I packed a few things that could easily dress up any outfit.

For this leg of our journey I brought my trusty leather jacket, a fur scarf for the evenings and my pair of boots with a low enough heel that I could walk for miles in. Pair all of these items with a large tote that can carry most purchases and you are golden to hit the streets of Paris.

Stay tuned for a guide to my favorite spots in Paris coming later today!

1.) Pattern-Trim Trouser Socks | 2.) Givenchy Nightingale Shopper Tote | 3.) Perfect Leather Motorcycle Jacket4.) Book: The Goldfinch | 5.) Clinique Nail Polish in Pajama Party | 6.) Otte NYC Finn Fur Collar7.) Otte NYC Sophie Top8.) J Brand 485 Luxe Sateen Mid-rise Skinny Jeans | 9.) Le Labo Fleur D’Oranger 27 Balm10.) The Charley Boot

Map by Heather Day for Sacramento Street

10 responses to Travel Essentials: Paris

• i couldn’t agree with you more! i have a massive collapsable tote bag that i bring with my on all my trips abroad, fully expecting to fill it with treasures from my adventures :)

• Caitlin says:

Thanks Molly! I always bring one or two extra bags with me. You never know what you’ll find! Thanks for always leaving such sweet comments. xx

• Flora says:

Fur? Really?

• Stacey says:

I’m impressed that you were able to walk miles in those booties. I brought a pair of motorcycle boots to Paris a few years ago and by mid-day my legs and back were in pain!! My trip in May will consist of a pair of Arche walking shoes. Not as cool as your booties, but sometimes comfort just has to take precedence. That tote is amazing, but I would be terrified I would leave it somewhere. Gorgeous. Love your site!

• Caitlin says:

I always do a little better in a small heel – it’s probably because I have high arches. I could never walk around in more than a 2 inch heel though. That would be horrible. Thanks for leaving a comment!

• Meghan says:

Will you do another one of these for my upcoming June trip – a summer edition if you will!? Love it!

• Caitlin says:

For you, I can definitely put together a summer edition. When are you going? Can I come with you?

• Mallory says:

Love everything on this list…the jacket, the shoes, the bag…I want it all!

• Amy @ TAMGtL says:

Great collection of travel outfit ideas. Black, jeans, ankle booties, nude nails, and some posh accessories. Yup. P.S. This works for NYC too.