Hello luvies! Erin from Apartment 34 here – and so tickled that Caitlin invited me to share my own inspiration vignette. I do hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
I’m currently reveling in treasures I received from family and friends over the holidays. They include a bevy of great coffee table books – I cannot stop flipping back and forth through 100 Years of Fashion Illustration. It’s so amazing to see how times have and have not changed! I also received incredibly thoughtful gifts including the lovely rose gold necklace from Miss Caitlin herself, the gold painted paper mache bowl from Etsy (I’m using to hold a little collection of glass marbles that I love) and a 2012 calendar featuring water color images of Seattle, gifted by my mom. I think she wanted to make sure I don’t forget where I’m from!
I’m also smitten with our holiday decor which includes a pair of stunning white candle sticks that I found in the Barneys home department (on sale!), a little bud vase and a vase full of magnolia branches that is sitting atop our coffee table. They add a touch of glamour and softness to the loft.
Here’s to finding inspiration in what surrounds you!
Hope all of you have a wonderful and inspiring new year.
Photo by Erin of Apartment 34
Alicia from Cheetah is the New Black here and I’m extremely excited to be here on Savramento Street! Each and every week I look forward to Caitlin’s Monday morning posts, today I’m sharing my own inspiration. Enjoy!
1. I’m constantly inspired by what I read and always enjoy WSJ Magazine which my Mom mails to me every month.
2. I’m also inspired by music and enjoy finding new bands and artists. I recently downloaded Spotify on my phone which has been rather life changing.
3. Being back in San Francisco for the holidays has given me a fresh perspective on the city I love so much. I’ve been indulging in all of my favorite hotspots including multiple cups of Blue Bottle Coffee.
4. I’m usually not a bright pink lipstick wearer but I can’t get enough of this adorable Supercalifragilipstic! tube by Kate Spade. It’s just so happy and cheerful.
5. Caitlin and I have a soft spot for Cris (a gem of a consignment store) on Polk Street where I picked up this rhinestone necklace last week. I think it has New Year’s Eve potential!
6. Lastly, a fresh glittery gold manicure is necessary for both Christmas and New Years! I was impressed to find that only one coat of FACE Stockholm nail polish (found at J.Crew) is needed.
Happy Thursday, Jessica from Destined to Design here! A few recent acquisitions that are brightening my days and bringing me a bit of inspiration heading into the new year…
1. A tiny tea pot I bought at an open air market while I was traveling in Granada last month.
3. A beautiful wooden spoon gifted to me by a dear friend for the holidays.
4. A ceramic mug handmade by a San Diego artisan from Dekor
in Echo Park.
6. Some simple bangles and rings from Madewell
Morning Sacramento Street readers, Elise from Pennyweight here. The holidays may be just about over, but I love the scent of balsam fir in my home all winter long. I picked up this fir incense as a stocking stuffer for my husband, but selfishly got it for myself as well. I’m loving this beautifully packaged Saipua soap gifted to me by a dear friend. A few of my other favorite things… I recently subscribed to Brooklyn Magazine and adore the design and photography throughout. These earrings I purchased awhile ago from Jennifer of A Merry Mishap are still my favorites! I love their simplicity and soft color and have been wearing them throughout the week. Cheers to a brand new week!
Photos by Pennyweight
Good morning y’all! Camille Styles here, with some pretty little things that are inspiring me right now. I was so excited when Caitlin asked me to pop in this week, since her brand new week series is my very favorite on Sacramento Street. There’s something so fun about seeing the items that our fave tastemakers are loving…and I always add at least one of them to my own shopping list! So what can I not get enough of right now?
My lavender Compagnie de Provence hand soap turns the act of washing hands into a total luxury.
Yarn-died organic napkins from West Elm are the epitome of utilitarian chic.
My new alphabet stamp collection has got me stamping everything in site: place cards, holiday gifts… you name it, I’ve stamped it.
Japanese washi tape adds festive polka dots to otherwise-mundane objects.
In She Walks in Beauty, Caroline Kennedy shares the poetry that’s inspired her at key moments throughout her life.
This Kendra Scott necklace adds a luxe-tribal note to cozy winter ensembles.
Thanks for having me Caitlin, and hope you all have a wonderful week! xo
Photo by Camille Styles