You know when you find an outfit that resonates with you? This one caught my eye and I instantly wanted to copy everything about it – the jacket, tee, wide leg trousers and the stack of bracelets. It’s the perfect fall look. Do you have a favorite that you are in love it?
Images from The Locals
Since the air is growing cooler all I want to eat at night is comfort food. So, I’ve been turning to My Baking Addiction for inspiration in the kitchen. From soup, to pastas, to baked goods – this blog has it all and let me tell you, each recipe I’ve made is better than the last.
On the menu for this week, Mac and Cheese with Roasted Chicken, Goat Cheese, and Rosemary – I have a feeling it’s going to be heavenly.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound dried rigatoni
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 clove fresh garlic, crushed
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 2 cups shredded roasted chicken
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Place a large pot of salted water over high heat and bring to a rapid boil. Add the oil and rigatoni to the water and cook according to the directions on the package, 10-12 minutes.
2. While you are waiting for the water to boil, pour the cream into a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add the rosemary and garlic to the cream and bring it to a simmer – take care not to let it boil over. Allow the cream to reduce by about half.
3. Stir in the goat cheese and chicken and continue cooking it till the cream coats the back of a spoon.
4. Thoroughly drain the pasta. Add the pasta to the sauce. Coat the pasta in the sauce and simmer over low heat for a few minutes. Serve hot.
Be sure to pop over to My Baking Addiction to get her tips on this recipe and to check out some of her other fabulous ideas.
CARROTS has been one of my favorite San Francisco shops since the day it opened four years ago. I vividly remember going by with my 7×7 coworker to write a story about the opening – back then I was an intern. Now, I’m dear friends with the two owners Melissa and Catherine. When you walk into CARROTS it’s as if you’re welcomed into their home. I cannot believe they are about to celebrate their four year anniversary on Thursday.
CARROTS is my go-to shop for basics every season. They have amazing lines that can handle being worn day in and day out. This year I’m coveting far too many items at CARROTS.
At the top of my wish list:
* Dean Hutchinson trench – ladies, this is the ultimate trench! You put it on and never want to take it off. I’ve got mine on order in a dark camel color.
* Tess Giberson’s camel sweater – it’s so soft I can see myself wearing it every single season.
* Jamie Josef’s fabulous cocktail rings – I’m eyeing a few different stones.
There are so many fashionable treasures in the store right now. And if you’re like me – I’m currently buying the essentials to keep me warm this winter. Especially with the cooler temperatures setting in.
Please come stop by CARROTS on Thursday. It’s going to be one heck of a party with Taylor, Erin, Samantha, Kendall and I co-hosting! Above is a little sneak peek at my outfit ensemble for tomorrow night. Hope to see all of you tomorrow! For more details on the party – pop over here for information about rsvp’ing.
Photos by Caitlin Flemming