Transitioning your home from summer to fall is one of my favorite activities. As the light begins to change and there is a slight crispness to the air, it’s time to think about making your abode a warm and cozy place to retreat to. Autumn is a time when we all begin to spend a bit more time indoors. The days are slowly getting shorter and our home is often our retreat. This is a good time to add warm touches that help us to embrace the change outside. One can burn candles; have baskets with throws ready to serve as a sanctuary where you can curl up with your favorite book. By changing a few key elements, your home will be a welcome place for you when you get home from a busy day.
There are 8 items from World Market you might consider when preparing your house for the change of seasons:
– Lighting. Consider adding a floor lamp or table lamp to add additional light to a room. Lighting is key to a room being used!
– Bookends. I can’t get enough of theses petrified wood bookends. They add depth and beauty to any room.
– Candles. As there is less light outside, bring the light inside. Candles create an elegant and inviting atmosphere and they signal a change of seasons.
– Side Tables. This is something you make not think to switch out but it can make all the difference when refreshing a space. Side tables are be swapped around all year round, why not add a new one to place your coffee on every morning.
– Throws. As the weather changes to cooler evenings, having comfortable throws to crawl into can be a comforting and practical addition.
– Seating. As summer turns to fall, consider a changing your sofa. There is nothing better then a comfy sofa you don’t want to leave. If you’ve been thinking about updating yours now is the time since you’ll be sending more time indoors.
– Throw pillows. There is no quicker way to update and change a room for the season. You can change the mood of the room with a change of throw pillows.
– Baskets. Having a variety of baskets is a practical and aesthetically pleasing way to store things. You could even place your new throws in them.
Fall is my favorite season – I can’t wait to do a few of these seasonal changes to my home as well.
This post is a partnership with World Market. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting sponsored posts that keep Sacramento Street doors open.