There’s nothing I love more than a road trip – being on the open road, not knowing what town you might pass through that will inspire you . . . it’s a blast in my eyes. I’ll be packing up my bags for a road trip that will take my mom and I to Carmel, Santa Barbara and LA. I can’t wait to discover new shops, photograph amazing creative woman for my workspace series (friends get excited!!) and go to a few restaurants that have been on my list for a long time. It’s going to be quite a journey – follow the inspiration on twitter and instagram.
So as we head into the weekend I’d love for you to tell me about some of your favorite places in Santa Barbara and LA that are on your must see/do list!
Don’t worry, next week will be filled with beautiful and inspiring posts – get ready for a fun recipe and beautiful room anatomy posts from our awesome contributors Susan and Brittany. If you can wait until then check out On the Menu for recipes and Room Anatomy to get inspired in the kitchen and if you want to spruce up a room.
Editorial photographed by Corrie Bond and styled by Kate Harrowsmith for Marie Claire Australia
Where do I even begin with this home? More importantly, when is my move in date? The color palette, the couch I’ve coveted for years, glossy white floors and don’t even get me started on how much I would love to work in this work space.
I hope all of you found this space equally as inspiring!
photos from Elle Decor UK by Heidi Lerkenfeldt
Happy Monday! This weekend was all about getting together with friends that were visiting from out of town, running errands and ending the week by heading to the suburbs to celebrate my cousins birthday. It was quite lovely and refreshing – probably because I finally got adjusted to the time change.
This week’s inspiration – the new Elle Decoration UK that I picked up at Birch, my Coraggio fabric that I’m excited about incorporating into our apartment, an Astier bird, delicious cocoa brûlée chocolates that I’m obsessed with and lastly a necklace that that I bought a long time ago and am finally incorporating into outfits.
Have a wonderful week – I’ll be taking some AutoCAD class this first part of the week. Wish me luck!
Photo by Caitlin Flemming
Hello luvies! Erin from Apartment 34 here – and so tickled that Caitlin invited me to share my own inspiration vignette. I do hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
I’m currently reveling in treasures I received from family and friends over the holidays. They include a bevy of great coffee table books – I cannot stop flipping back and forth through 100 Years of Fashion Illustration. It’s so amazing to see how times have and have not changed! I also received incredibly thoughtful gifts including the lovely rose gold necklace from Miss Caitlin herself, the gold painted paper mache bowl from Etsy (I’m using to hold a little collection of glass marbles that I love) and a 2012 calendar featuring water color images of Seattle, gifted by my mom. I think she wanted to make sure I don’t forget where I’m from!
I’m also smitten with our holiday decor which includes a pair of stunning white candle sticks that I found in the Barneys home department (on sale!), a little bud vase and a vase full of magnolia branches that is sitting atop our coffee table. They add a touch of glamour and softness to the loft.
Here’s to finding inspiration in what surrounds you!
Hope all of you have a wonderful and inspiring new year.
Photo by Erin of Apartment 34
Alicia from Cheetah is the New Black here and I’m extremely excited to be here on Savramento Street! Each and every week I look forward to Caitlin’s Monday morning posts, today I’m sharing my own inspiration. Enjoy!
1. I’m constantly inspired by what I read and always enjoy WSJ Magazine which my Mom mails to me every month.
2. I’m also inspired by music and enjoy finding new bands and artists. I recently downloaded Spotify on my phone which has been rather life changing.
3. Being back in San Francisco for the holidays has given me a fresh perspective on the city I love so much. I’ve been indulging in all of my favorite hotspots including multiple cups of Blue Bottle Coffee.
4. I’m usually not a bright pink lipstick wearer but I can’t get enough of this adorable Supercalifragilipstic! tube by Kate Spade. It’s just so happy and cheerful.
5. Caitlin and I have a soft spot for Cris (a gem of a consignment store) on Polk Street where I picked up this rhinestone necklace last week. I think it has New Year’s Eve potential!
6. Lastly, a fresh glittery gold manicure is necessary for both Christmas and New Years! I was impressed to find that only one coat of FACE Stockholm nail polish (found at J.Crew) is needed.