This stunning outfit taken by Garance Doré is simply chic – the Alexander Wang skirt paired with a loose fitting tee and sky-high heels is exactly the look I’m going to try to achieve when getting dressed for my new job. Sometimes the simplest ensembles are the hardest to create. I’m hoping Mrs. Erin can come over to help me pair together some looks for my first week.
To get more inspiration, I’ve downloaded Bill Cunningham New York movie to watch on the plane to Portland this afternoon. Can’t wait to finally see it!
Last night I was sitting in front of my computer drinking a cup of my favorite tea and it brought back memories of Paris. I’m longing for a few days there wandering around discovering hidden gems, lounging in a cafe reading French Vogue and saying “bonjour” to all of my favorite shopkeepers in Saint Germain.
Hopefully, I’ll be able to make it back to the city of love in the near future, but until then I’ll be living vicariously through a best friend who is there right now.
Happy Monday everyone! I’ve very excited to have Lori from automatism guest blogging here today. When I received her list over a week ago, I was so inspired. Everything was fresh and new. I want the lamp and Eames chair right away, which are now at the top of my wish list.
Lori is a digital collage illustrator working for various magazines and newspapers by day and has her own atelier of her one of a kind fine art prints available at her etsy shop. Her work is spectacular and from now until February 15, 2010, 50% of the money earned from each sale on the automatism atelier will be donated to the Red Cross.
Thank you Lori for taking the time to put together this wonderful post!
Hello, Lori of automatism here! I’ve really been enjoying Caitlin’s wonderful 10 Things That Make Me Happy series, so when she asked me to contribute, I was more than happy to share my own little list and be a part of this fun feature. I hope you enjoy it!
1. Morrison – I pretty much love everything from this wonderful clothing company. Perfect, I think.
2. The Fun Pendant Lamp – Designed by Werner Panton in 1964, its combination of pretty natural elements (seashells) and modern design is so appealing to me. twentytwentyone: Sea shell £665.00
3. Marie Claire Maison – One of my absolute fave interior design mags, and one I eagerly look forward to each month. Month subscription of Marie Claire Maison: 26,50 €
4. Domenica More Gordon - Love her sweet series of hand made felted dogs, each filled with such personality and charm. Click here for details.
6. Paris – Loved it when I visited several years ago, and just can’t wait to go back. Amazing city. Image from weheartit.com/
7. Billy Collins – A wonderful poet, who I find myself returning to again and again. Find his book on Amazon.
8. Food Blogs – Besides design blogs, I also love browsing food blogs, such as honey & jam, with great recipes accompanied by the stunning photos of Hannah, its editor.
9. Wallpaper – There seems to be more and more pattern creeping into interiors these days. I’m really liking the look of mixing a trad pattern (like Josette by Laura Ashley) with modern pieces.
10. Rings – I love to wear chunky silver rings, such as this ring by Gorjana.