TGIF friends! After what felt like the quickest (and the most productive weeks that I’ve had all summer long), I’m excited to jump in the car for a girls night in Carmel. Since we’ve been having summer-like days this week, it’ll be even sweeter to be by the ocean soaking up the sun with a cool breeze. I hope all of you have a splendid weekend ahead and be sure to check back here on Monday morning – I have a bit of an announcement to make!
Check out some of my favorites reads from this week:
- Warm days call for ice cream and this recipe by Camille and this chai ice cream have me craving it. Eric, get the ice cream maker out!
- Can’t get enough of how cool these SF mom’s dress.
- Erica Tanov’s home is a treat to get a glimpse into – I’ve been in it many times and it’s breathtaking. I love seeing it evolve over time with new treasures.
- Do or don’t – do you partake in the front tuck? I’d love to know and be sure to join this conversation.
And a few links you may have missed throughout the week!
- I gathered our favorite tees that I can’t live without.
- The talented Emma from Emmdime shared her beautiful workspace.
- Need outfit inspiration? I have you covered for your next happy hour.
Photo by Cereal Magazine
This past week was quite hectic – most days I was running around with one meeting after another, getting errands done for clients and at the end of each day I’d collapse in my chair wondering what I even achieved. Sometimes I have to remind myself that there is always tomorrow to get the desk tasks done. Do you ever find yourself doing the same thing? After this week I’m definitely ready for a weekend kicking back.
Don’t miss my favorite links from this past week!
- This sale has me excited for fall! I love layering up when crisp weather comes to greet us. Have you found anything you love?
- If you live in the Bay Area I highly suggest popping into SF to check out an amazing pop-up shop (get a peek here) that is only open until the end of the month. It’s filled with Half Hitch Goods treats, The Podolls clothing, Metier jewels and Emily Proud art (I’ve got my eye on a piece for our house).
- I’ll be picking up some peaches at tomorrow’s farmers market to make this crumble.
- Mrs Kirsten Grove has me dying to book a trip to Boise after reading this guide on Design Sponge.
- I’m loving Smitten Studio’s studio space - she’s one talented gal!
- And lastly, this motivating and inspiring post by Camille on how to avoid the comparison game. It’s important to step back and reflect on what’s important and why you do things. I for one love the way Sacramento Street has introduced me to some of my best friends, allowed me to take the leap into my design career and most importantly I look forward to bringing all of you unique content.
Photo by Elisabeth Heier
I hope all of you are having a lovely weekend so far! After a week of spring cleaning the office, we started working our way through the house slowly but steadily. It makes it feel like spring is officially here! Have you been doing any spring cleaning? I always have to remind myself that first comes the mess, which makes me crazy. I’d love to here if you have any tips on how you go about organizing your house!
Also please enjoy a few of my favorite links from this week:
Looking for items to add to your house this spring? Check out this feature over on Refinery 29 where I shared my top 5 items.
I’m constantly looking for new things to do in Napa. Camille put together a fabulous guide and I’m honored to be one of the insiders she interviewed.
These six mirror options would look good in any home.
I’ve been helping Alicia with her new Sacramento loft. Check out how the bedroom is coming together.
I’m kind of obsessed with this art work.
When my dad recently called to see if I wanted to accompany him on a work trip to Baja – I jumped at the chance to have a father/daughter trip. Plus, I knew this would be an off the grid type of adventure filled with scuba diving, fly fishing, hiking and whale watching. It’s sure to be quite the adventure. Don’t worry, next week is filled with tons of inspiring posts that I’ve been working on so that I don’t leave you hanging.
Can’t wait to share details when I return. Until then have a glorious weekend friends and here are a few weekend links to enjoy.
- After a few weeks putting together my post on Istanbul it finally went live this week. Don’t miss out on my travel tales and tips.
- Looking for lighting inspiration? We’ve got you covered when it comes to modern drum shades.
Photo by jeanne damas
Happy weekend everyone! I kicked off mine a bit early yesterday by diving into the pool and catching some much needed rays. My pale Northern California skin is in dire need of vitamin D. This weekend I’ll be spending some quality time visiting Eric down at Spring Training. I’ve been spending my days discovering new places to eat and hidden treasure troves thanks to the lovely Sara Kate. If you have any must-do’s here in that Scottsdale/Phoenix area I’d love to hear them! I’ll be back again in a week and a half for some more warm weather fun.
If you’re staying cozy inside or enjoying a little sunshine, I highly recommend these weekend links.
* Lastly, please welcome a new sponsor, b-spired. They specialize in beautiful wooden greeting cards. Each design is simple and rustic. The best part is founders Betsey and Charlottle make everything in San Francisco. Be sure to pop over to check out their amazing collection!
Photo by Caitlin Flemming