You’d think it would be time to break out your sandals, but not here in San Francisco. Karl the fog has officially been welcomed back to the city . . . while I don’t mind it at night, I’m craving putting away my boots. Friends, that’s not happening – boots have been on regular rotation.
Memorial Day weekend has always marked the beginning of summer for me . It’s the start of weekend road trips to warm destinations to escape the fog, outdoor gatherings and my birthday (which is a big one this year). I can’t wait to celebrate a long weekend of turning off work and cherishing time with family. With minimal plans, I’m looking forward to the next few days off.
Here are some not to be missed links to read while your kicking back this weekend.
These two playlists from Elise and Sarah have been on regular rotation in the office.
I’m known for wearing my hair back – on a good or bad hair day. I’m giving this loop ponytail a try this weekend.
I’m having major wanderlust to go back to Morocco after seeing Cassandra’s photos.
Looking for recipe ideas for this weekend? Check out these three from Erin, my mouth is watering.
* and a few fun things you may have missed around here this week!
Peony season is in full bloom – Trader Joe’s has them in stock. Check out our post documenting the evolution of the Coral Charm peony.
I shared a few things I’m loving this week.
This has been my uniform this past week as I run around the city.
Today marks Jackson being five months old – it’s amazing how fast time flies. I feel as though he was just born yesterday. With each day that passes I have to remind myself to cherish the milestones and time we spend together. He’s growing and learning new things every day.This weekend we’re off for an overnight trip in Pacific Grove visiting family. We’re going to take Jackson on his first antiquing trip – I have to start him young, right? Hope you all have a lovely weekend ahead of you. Please enjoy my favorite links from this past week!
There are two makeovers that I’m lusting over. 1.) This backyard makeover has me wanting an outdoor space. 2.) How adorable is this playroom that Camille did for her little ones?
A huge congrats to Jordan for launching her online party shop.
I’ve been totally into wearing my jumpsuit – I wish I could wear it every day. Since summer is around the corner, I’m looking at this shorts romper.
I’m all about one pot meals. I’ll be giving this one a whirl in the next week.
Bay Area readers – have you gone to see the SF Decorator’s Showcase House? Next week marks the last week and it’s not to be missed. Check out this highlight if you can’t make it.
* and a few fun things you may have missed around here this week!
Looking for the perfect pillow? Stop the search and check out these.
I just wrote my farmers marker grocery list. Everything from this recipe is on it.
I hosted a High Tea with Williams Sonoma. Check out how you can host your very own!
And lastly, this is going to be my weekend uniform. What’s yours?
Image from My Scandinavian Home
After an incredibly productive week, today Eric and I are setting sail for our last getaway before baby Flemming arrives. We’re traveling up to Seattle to embark on a week-long cruise to Alaska. We cannot wait for the adventure that awaits! While this isn’t your typical babymoon, we wanted to go somewhere that was adventurous, but still relaxing. I can’t wait for our glacier helicopter ride and dogsledding. You can follow along on instagram for updates but I promise I’ll be sharing every detail when I return. And don’t worry, I have a whole line of amazing posts for next week!
In the meantime, pop over to these sites for some fabulous reads this weekend.
- I’m obsessing over this home tour over on Camille Styles.
- How adorable is this New Mom & Baby box? Simone did an amazing job with this gift box!
- Get an inside look into the RealReal offices.
- Love the way Jenny’s library bookshelves came together!
- When I get back from my trip I’ll be making this Fall Cornbread Panzanella salad.
*and a few fun things you may have missed!
- Looking to update your house a little bit? Throw pillows are always an easy way to do it.
- Natalie put together a stunning arrangement this month.
- I can’t wait for fall – I can’t wait for lots of layers and finding new scarves to wrap myself up in.
I hope all of you have a lovely Labor Day weekend!
Photo from here
TGIF friends! After what felt like the quickest (and the most productive weeks that I’ve had all summer long), I’m excited to jump in the car for a girls night in Carmel. Since we’ve been having summer-like days this week, it’ll be even sweeter to be by the ocean soaking up the sun with a cool breeze. I hope all of you have a splendid weekend ahead and be sure to check back here on Monday morning – I have a bit of an announcement to make!
Check out some of my favorites reads from this week:
- Warm days call for ice cream and this recipe by Camille and this chai ice cream have me craving it. Eric, get the ice cream maker out!
- Can’t get enough of how cool these SF mom’s dress.
- Erica Tanov’s home is a treat to get a glimpse into – I’ve been in it many times and it’s breathtaking. I love seeing it evolve over time with new treasures.
- Do or don’t – do you partake in the front tuck? I’d love to know and be sure to join this conversation.
And a few links you may have missed throughout the week!
- I gathered our favorite tees that I can’t live without.
- The talented Emma from Emmdime shared her beautiful workspace.
- Need outfit inspiration? I have you covered for your next happy hour.
Photo by Cereal Magazine
This past week was quite hectic – most days I was running around with one meeting after another, getting errands done for clients and at the end of each day I’d collapse in my chair wondering what I even achieved. Sometimes I have to remind myself that there is always tomorrow to get the desk tasks done. Do you ever find yourself doing the same thing? After this week I’m definitely ready for a weekend kicking back.
Don’t miss my favorite links from this past week!
- This sale has me excited for fall! I love layering up when crisp weather comes to greet us. Have you found anything you love?
- If you live in the Bay Area I highly suggest popping into SF to check out an amazing pop-up shop (get a peek here) that is only open until the end of the month. It’s filled with Half Hitch Goods treats, The Podolls clothing, Metier jewels and Emily Proud art (I’ve got my eye on a piece for our house).
- I’ll be picking up some peaches at tomorrow’s farmers market to make this crumble.
- Mrs Kirsten Grove has me dying to book a trip to Boise after reading this guide on Design Sponge.
- I’m loving Smitten Studio’s studio space – she’s one talented gal!
- And lastly, this motivating and inspiring post by Camille on how to avoid the comparison game. It’s important to step back and reflect on what’s important and why you do things. I for one love the way Sacramento Street has introduced me to some of my best friends, allowed me to take the leap into my design career and most importantly I look forward to bringing all of you unique content.
Photo by Elisabeth Heier