After an incredibly productive week, today Eric and I are setting sail for our last getaway before baby Flemming arrives. We’re traveling up to Seattle to embark on a week-long cruise to Alaska. We cannot wait for the adventure that awaits! While this isn’t your typical babymoon, we wanted to go somewhere that was adventurous, but still relaxing. I can’t wait for our glacier helicopter ride and dogsledding. You can follow along on instagram for updates but I promise I’ll be sharing every detail when I return. And don’t worry, I have a whole line of amazing posts for next week!
In the meantime, pop over to these sites for some fabulous reads this weekend.
- I’m obsessing over this home tour over on Camille Styles.
- How adorable is this New Mom & Baby box? Simone did an amazing job with this gift box!
- Get an inside look into the RealReal offices.
- Love the way Jenny’s library bookshelves came together!
- When I get back from my trip I’ll be making this Fall Cornbread Panzanella salad.
*and a few fun things you may have missed!
- Looking to update your house a little bit? Throw pillows are always an easy way to do it.
- Natalie put together a stunning arrangement this month.
- I can’t wait for fall – I can’t wait for lots of layers and finding new scarves to wrap myself up in.
I hope all of you have a lovely Labor Day weekend!
Photo from here
TGIF friends! After what felt like the quickest (and the most productive weeks that I’ve had all summer long), I’m excited to jump in the car for a girls night in Carmel. Since we’ve been having summer-like days this week, it’ll be even sweeter to be by the ocean soaking up the sun with a cool breeze. I hope all of you have a splendid weekend ahead and be sure to check back here on Monday morning – I have a bit of an announcement to make!
Check out some of my favorites reads from this week:
- Warm days call for ice cream and this recipe by Camille and this chai ice cream have me craving it. Eric, get the ice cream maker out!
- Can’t get enough of how cool these SF mom’s dress.
- Erica Tanov’s home is a treat to get a glimpse into – I’ve been in it many times and it’s breathtaking. I love seeing it evolve over time with new treasures.
- Do or don’t – do you partake in the front tuck? I’d love to know and be sure to join this conversation.
And a few links you may have missed throughout the week!
- I gathered our favorite tees that I can’t live without.
- The talented Emma from Emmdime shared her beautiful workspace.
- Need outfit inspiration? I have you covered for your next happy hour.
Photo by Cereal Magazine
This past week was quite hectic – most days I was running around with one meeting after another, getting errands done for clients and at the end of each day I’d collapse in my chair wondering what I even achieved. Sometimes I have to remind myself that there is always tomorrow to get the desk tasks done. Do you ever find yourself doing the same thing? After this week I’m definitely ready for a weekend kicking back.
Don’t miss my favorite links from this past week!
- This sale has me excited for fall! I love layering up when crisp weather comes to greet us. Have you found anything you love?
- If you live in the Bay Area I highly suggest popping into SF to check out an amazing pop-up shop (get a peek here) that is only open until the end of the month. It’s filled with Half Hitch Goods treats, The Podolls clothing, Metier jewels and Emily Proud art (I’ve got my eye on a piece for our house).
- I’ll be picking up some peaches at tomorrow’s farmers market to make this crumble.
- Mrs Kirsten Grove has me dying to book a trip to Boise after reading this guide on Design Sponge.
- I’m loving Smitten Studio’s studio space - she’s one talented gal!
- And lastly, this motivating and inspiring post by Camille on how to avoid the comparison game. It’s important to step back and reflect on what’s important and why you do things. I for one love the way Sacramento Street has introduced me to some of my best friends, allowed me to take the leap into my design career and most importantly I look forward to bringing all of you unique content.
Photo by Elisabeth Heier
I hope all of you are having a lovely weekend so far! After a week of spring cleaning the office, we started working our way through the house slowly but steadily. It makes it feel like spring is officially here! Have you been doing any spring cleaning? I always have to remind myself that first comes the mess, which makes me crazy. I’d love to here if you have any tips on how you go about organizing your house!
Also please enjoy a few of my favorite links from this week:
Looking for items to add to your house this spring? Check out this feature over on Refinery 29 where I shared my top 5 items.
I’m constantly looking for new things to do in Napa. Camille put together a fabulous guide and I’m honored to be one of the insiders she interviewed.
These six mirror options would look good in any home.
I’ve been helping Alicia with her new Sacramento loft. Check out how the bedroom is coming together.
I’m kind of obsessed with this art work.
When my dad recently called to see if I wanted to accompany him on a work trip to Baja – I jumped at the chance to have a father/daughter trip. Plus, I knew this would be an off the grid type of adventure filled with scuba diving, fly fishing, hiking and whale watching. It’s sure to be quite the adventure. Don’t worry, next week is filled with tons of inspiring posts that I’ve been working on so that I don’t leave you hanging.
Can’t wait to share details when I return. Until then have a glorious weekend friends and here are a few weekend links to enjoy.
- After a few weeks putting together my post on Istanbul it finally went live this week. Don’t miss out on my travel tales and tips.
- Looking for lighting inspiration? We’ve got you covered when it comes to modern drum shades.
Photo by jeanne damas