This week has been one of those crazy weeks where I’ve been running a mile a minute wondering when the weekend would come. Thankfully it’s here! What’s even more exciting is that we’re leaving for New York this morning. I can’t wait to wander the streets with Eric, see good friends and find endless inspiration around the city. I love traveling! I’ll also be working a few days to capture a few new workspaces that will be featured here this fall.
Don’t worry – I’ll be popping in everyday with fun features next week. We have some great ones for you – including a September Blooms in Season feature with Natalie and a brand new Room Anatomy that I’m loving from Brittany.
I hope all of you have a relaxing weekend ahead wherever you might be!
Photo by Caitlin Flemming (a little corner of our dining room)
Happy holiday weekend! Popping in quickly, I’m spending the weekend in Portland with family and friends. The weather up here is delightful – warm weather and sunshine. I see it as the perfect way to say farewell to summer.
If you’re traveling and need some weekend reading, here are some not to be missed links:
- I’m excited to share a new project that was featured on Rue Magazine. I worked on designing Julia of Gal Meets Glam new apartment. I love the way it turned out!
- Pop over to Martha to vote for our lovely sponsor, Rebecca Atwood – she’s up for the American Made award.
- Once again, I’m loving what Joslyn put in her Wednesday post.
- Before heirloom tomatoes are gone from the farmers market – I highly recommend making this pasta. If you want more summer favorites go here.
- Read this WSJ article on the train from Seattle to Portland. I’m definitely part of this cult.
- Brika and Madewell have teamed up with an awesome giveaway that could send you to Austin to visit some of their makers. Be sure to enter!
I hope all of you have a lovely last weekend of August!
Photo from here
This weekend couldn’t have come soon enough – it was a hectic week. With the start of school it feels as though a new year has begun – new clients, photo shoots and fun trips to look forward to this fall. I’m excited for what’s to come!
A few can’t-miss links from around the web, plus some highlights from the blog!
- I’m loving Elise’s beautiful Nashville home.
- I’ve always dreamed of having brick walls in my future home – this post makes me want them even more.
- This Copenhagen home has me wanting to move in.
- Have you always coveted a Hermes scarf? This collection will make want one even more.
And a few fun things around here you may have missed!
- Have you entered the Freda Salvador giveaway? You can win a pair from their fall collection.
- There’s a new shop in town – Blu Dot. Add it to your list of places to visit this weekend.
- Looking for kitchen inspiration? Check out this weeks Room Anatomy post.
- And lastly, this month’s Blooms in Season has me wishing I had a garden.
I hope all of you have a fabulous weekend!
Photo by Caitlin Flemming (current project)
August, aren’t you supposed to be a month of leisure – it certainly hasn’t been. This week felt as though I was in a bit of a daze – there has been so much to do and with so little time. That’s why this weekend we’re escaping the foggy weather for a warmer climate. We’re hitting the road to drive up to Reno to spend the weekend with friends. While the husbands golf, the wives will be laying by Lake Tahoe getting some much needed vitamin D. I can’t wait for a little rest and relaxation.
But don’t fret, while I’m away be sure to catch up on these fabulous reads:
- I’m obsessed with Sarah Sherman Samuel’s beautiful home tour over on Glitter Guide.
- If you live in SF be sure to stop by the Fashion Loves Color pop-up shop at Rare Device on Saturday and Sunday!
- If you haven’t tried this risotto recipe yet, you should. And give Grant’s guacamole hummus a try as well. Both are summer staples in our house!
- Have y’all seen the fabulous work of Brain Paquette Design for Sunset Magazine in Seabrook? Erin did a beautiful feature on both houses. I’d like to move in!
- I’m in awe of what Jenny from Little Green Notebook has done with her new Arizona home. I wish I had the DIY gene.
- Thinking of fall fashion already? Who isn’t. I’m lusting after everything on Joslyn’s list.
Have a wonderful weekend friends! See you back here Monday – there is a lot in store next week.
Image from here
This weekend we’re enjoying our own city – laying low at home, enjoying some of our favorite spots and taking leisurely walks around our neighborhood. We realized that we’ll be gone quite a bit in the next few weeks and spending quality time doing what we love is important.
With that being said, if you have some down time this weekend I highly recommend checking out these links:
- A huge congrats to my dear friend Anh who welcomed her little bundle of joy last weekend. You can get a glimpse into her tiny nursery that I helped with.
- I’m making my way through these quinoa recipes. Each have become a sample this week.
- These nightstand reads have been added to my list.
- I’m heading to Seattle in two weeks and definitely want to check out this restaurant.
- This new series on Jessica’s blog has me inspired.
Do you have any inspiring links you’d like to share?
I hope all of you have a lovely weekend ahead, whether you are at Outside Lands here in SF, laying low or enjoying some time at the beach.
Photo by Caitlin Flemming (from iphone)