When I return from a trip I’m always inspired to get back to work. That was especially true after the overwhelming amount of inspiration from both Istanbul and Paris. I came back refreshed and ready to jump right back into my current projects. This weekend I’m immersing myself in those projects pairing together fabrics, sourcing furniture and getting presentations ready – with rain in the forecast it sounds like perfection.
If you are looking to get lost in some beautiful posts from around the web I highly suggest these:
- Since I’m missing Paris, I’ve been getting lost in Garance’s images of Paris Fashion Week.
- I’ll be making this breakfast tomorrow morning thanks to Camille.
- Looking for new blogs to follow? Don’t fear, Erin’s monthly list is out and I’m loving every single one!
- Cassandra just moved into a stunning loft and I’m totally jealous of her lofted nook she’s designing.
- I love seeing fellow bloggers flourish and get incredible opportunities – Oh Joy is coming out with a collaboration with Target. Friends, it has me so excited to host a garden party this spring!
- And lastly, have you seen Kate Arends home tour? It’s not to be missed.
I hope all of you have a splendid first weekend of March!
Photo by Grant Gibson in Paris
Happy love day everyone! While I said my goodbyes to my hubby this morning, I’m finally embarking on this journey that I’ve been anticipating for months and months. I cannot wait to roam the streets of both Istanbul and Paris. First stop, Istanbul! I’ll be documenting all of my inspiration over on instagram so be sure to follow along. And don’t worry, I’ll be chiming in all of next week with some amazing posts (one is a new travel series!).
I hope all of you have a wonderful Valentine’s day and enjoy a little r & r this weekend!
Photo by Claire Giffen
What are you up to this weekend? With the forecast calling for pouring rain all weekend long I think we’ll be staying inside most of the time. It’s the perfect weather for breakfast in bed, movie watching, magazine reading and slowly putting together a packing list for my trip, which I’m incredibly excited about. A week from today I’ll be walking the streets of Istanbul.
Whether you have sunshine, rain or snow here are a few must reads for your weekend reading! Have a lovely one friends.
- I’ve had a major girl crush on Garance Dore for as long as I can remember. She’s just so honest and I love it. Don’t miss this interview she did.
- Since I lived in a small studio for eight years I love seeing how others design small spaces. This months Rue Magazine is all about small spaces. It’s filled with 122 pages of interior design goodness~
- Looking for dining room inspiration? Euro Lighting has you covered.
- I wanted to share two blogs I’ve been getting inspired by lately – The Merchant Home and Bleubird. Both are bound to have you daydreaming.
- This brownstone is heavenly – built in the 1800s it is a feast for any designers eye. From the the vintage rugs, sky high ceiling and architectural details, it is just stunning.
- And lastly, I was honored to be featured on Daily Candy. Check out my interview.
Photo from helt enkelt
Happy February! Here in San Francisco we’re welcoming this month with warm weather, trees filled with cherry blossoms, and beautiful projects being designed. Each project I’m currently working on have me completely inspired – I’ll be spending this weekend getting lost in fabrics, furniture and tile. Here are are a few of my favorite reads this week.
- Looking for the perfect grey paint? Design Sponge has you covered.
- Two of my favorite ladies had their homes featured this week – Bianca transformed a garden apartment into a beautiful space and Kelley’s home just sold, take a look at the inspiring interiors.
- Since the iPhone upgrade I haven’t loved the calendar . . . have you felt the same? Luckily, Oh Joy introduced me to Sunrise, which has a much cleaner and intuitive interface.
- While staying with Camille we made this Sweet Potato Tortilla Soup – it’s easy and delicious!
- Lastly, I’m finally thinking about packing for Istanbul and Paris. Joslyn just shared what she packed and it definitely got me started on my packing list.
Photo by Caitlin Flemming
We have officially made our way to Texas! Honestly, I’ve been counting down the days to this trip since my new nephew was born a month ago. To say I’m excited to meet him is an understatement. All of the photos and videos we’ve seen are absolutely darling. There’s nothing like having a new life come into the world and have them be so loved even when you haven’t met them. This weekend will be all about unplugging to spend quality time with Eric’s family bonding with the little one.
I hope all of you have a lovely weekend planned whether it’s spending time outside in the sunshine or staying indoors to stay warm from the snow. Whatever you might be up to, I hope you enjoy my favorite links from the past week!
- I’ll be making this quinoa salad and this 5 ingredient pasta on a regular basis.
- I’ve been hearing from numerous friends that Hong Kong is the next place to go – this feature on the Cultural Concept Destination in Hong Kong has moved it up my list of places to visit.
- Since it’s freezing across most of the country I’ve put together my favorite warm weather outfit.
- I’m loving this Melbourne home tour over on Simply Grove.
- And lastly, it was a huge honor to be included in Domaine Home feature on the “Top 5 Design Lovers on Pinterest.”
Photo from Anna Rike