What are you up to this weekend? With the forecast calling for pouring rain all weekend long I think we’ll be staying inside most of the time. It’s the perfect weather for breakfast in bed, movie watching, magazine reading and slowly putting together a packing list for my trip, which I’m incredibly excited about. A week from today I’ll be walking the streets of Istanbul.
Whether you have sunshine, rain or snow here are a few must reads for your weekend reading! Have a lovely one friends.
- I’ve had a major girl crush on Garance Dore for as long as I can remember. She’s just so honest and I love it. Don’t miss this interview she did.
- Since I lived in a small studio for eight years I love seeing how others design small spaces. This months Rue Magazine is all about small spaces. It’s filled with 122 pages of interior design goodness~
- Looking for dining room inspiration? Euro Lighting has you covered.
- I wanted to share two blogs I’ve been getting inspired by lately – The Merchant Home and Bleubird. Both are bound to have you daydreaming.
- This brownstone is heavenly – built in the 1800s it is a feast for any designers eye. From the the vintage rugs, sky high ceiling and architectural details, it is just stunning.
- And lastly, I was honored to be featured on Daily Candy. Check out my interview.
Photo from helt enkelt
Happy February! Here in San Francisco we’re welcoming this month with warm weather, trees filled with cherry blossoms, and beautiful projects being designed. Each project I’m currently working on have me completely inspired – I’ll be spending this weekend getting lost in fabrics, furniture and tile. Here are are a few of my favorite reads this week.
- Looking for the perfect grey paint? Design Sponge has you covered.
- Two of my favorite ladies had their homes featured this week – Bianca transformed a garden apartment into a beautiful space and Kelley’s home just sold, take a look at the inspiring interiors.
- Since the iPhone upgrade I haven’t loved the calendar . . . have you felt the same? Luckily, Oh Joy introduced me to Sunrise, which has a much cleaner and intuitive interface.
- While staying with Camille we made this Sweet Potato Tortilla Soup – it’s easy and delicious!
- Lastly, I’m finally thinking about packing for Istanbul and Paris. Joslyn just shared what she packed and it definitely got me started on my packing list.
Photo by Caitlin Flemming
We have officially made our way to Texas! Honestly, I’ve been counting down the days to this trip since my new nephew was born a month ago. To say I’m excited to meet him is an understatement. All of the photos and videos we’ve seen are absolutely darling. There’s nothing like having a new life come into the world and have them be so loved even when you haven’t met them. This weekend will be all about unplugging to spend quality time with Eric’s family bonding with the little one.
I hope all of you have a lovely weekend planned whether it’s spending time outside in the sunshine or staying indoors to stay warm from the snow. Whatever you might be up to, I hope you enjoy my favorite links from the past week!
- I’ll be making this quinoa salad and this 5 ingredient pasta on a regular basis.
- I’ve been hearing from numerous friends that Hong Kong is the next place to go – this feature on the Cultural Concept Destination in Hong Kong has moved it up my list of places to visit.
- Since it’s freezing across most of the country I’ve put together my favorite warm weather outfit.
- I’m loving this Melbourne home tour over on Simply Grove.
- And lastly, it was a huge honor to be included in Domaine Home feature on the “Top 5 Design Lovers on Pinterest.”
Photo from Anna Rike
With only a few days left before Christmas, it’s time to enjoy a few days of holiday bliss. We’re kicking off the weekend with our Sacramento Street holiday soiree. I’m excited to celebrated with the team that has made this year unforgettable. The rest of my weekend will be spent doing a little last minute stocking stuffer shopping, I need to wrap my little heart out (I actually enjoy it) and then partaking in a movie marathon or two. One thing I haven’t had the time to do this season is make Christmas cookies – I think that needs to change, don’t you? Do you have any favorite holiday cookie recipes?
I hope all of you have a wonderful holiday weekend. Next week we have a few special posts for you, but until then if you’re looking for some inspiration or good reads, I highly recommend making a cup of hot cocoa and clicking on these weekend links!
- Need those last few gifts to arrive before Christmas? Most of our gift guide items will still arrive in time. Be sure to shop all of our amazing guides that we’ve curated for you this year.
- I’ve been wanting to make biscotti for quite some time and after reading this recipe, I’m definitely going to give it a try (with Eric’s help of course).
- I’m not a DIY gal – I wish I was (maybe this is be a 2014 goal), but this candle DIY has me wanting to become that crafty gal.
- Looking for tabletop inspiration, pop over to the holiday table we designed for Kate Spade to get ideas.
I hope all of you have a very merry weekend!
Image from Dreamy Whites
The holidays seem to always go by in a blink of an eye every year. With only a week and a half left until Christmas I have to get myself out there to do some holiday shopping. I’ll be doing a bit of Christmas shopping at the Remodelista Market at Heath and then popping over to Freda Salvador pop-up shop that ends today. Then finishing up by shopping these gift guides in the comfort of my own home sipping hot cocoa. Have you done all of your holiday shopping?
If you’re staying cozy and warm inside this weekend, enjoy my favorite links from the week. Hope you all have a lovely weekend!
- This bedroom makeover has me wanting to do a moody bedroom for a client in 2014.
- Need a luxurious gift for a loved one? I’ve put together the perfect gift guide with Moda Operandi over on Pinterest.
- Looking for gift wrapping inspiration, this color-blocking wrapping DIY is something everyone should try this season.
- I’ve always loved potted Christmas trees – and this solidifies that I might have to do it next year!
- Help support this amazing book a dear friend is writing – This is Oakland. I got a little preview and it’s awesome!
- Looking for holiday tabletop inspiration? Check out our Kate Spade holiday tabletop.
- Get a taste of the holidays in New York thanks to Alicia.
And don’t forget to check out all of our gift guides to help make your shopping easier this year.
Gift Guide: For Her
Gift Guide: For the Littles
Gift Guide: For Him
Gift Guide: Small Shops
Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
Gift Guide: Gifts Under $30
Gift Guide: For the Hostess
Gift Guide: For the Home
Photos from here and here