Supper Club: v1

A few weeks ago Susan of Peas and Love came to me asking if I wanted to start a Supper Club with both her and Grant – I jumped at the opportunity. When Susan lived in Brooklyn she and her fiancé would host small gatherings of people that were brought together for the love of food, community, laughter, and fostering friendships. Our new San Francisco Supper Club is taking these same goals into action. On Friday night we hosted our very first SF Supper Club with a group of six. It was filled with amazing stories, belly laughs and delicious locally grown food from BiRite Grocery store.
We also set out to make the tabletop unique and beautiful, but also effortless. Using flowers from the grocery store, paper brown bags filled with a baguette as the menu, and then a clean color palette that was perfect for spring.

Susan came up with this genius idea of using brown sandwich bags as the menu – we put a baguette for each person inside and then wrapped each with simple gold and caramel twine.

All of the flowers – sweet peas and veronica both of which I picked up a my local market. Our goal for this tabletop was to make it feel like spring so we took a fresh and easy approach making for a more casual table.

The best part about this Supper Club is that Susan and I will be sharing all of the recipes from the dinner over the next four weeks. And our hope is that by the end of the month you’ll host your very own Supper Club with friends or family and make all of the delicious recipes.

Stay tuned this week for the first recipe – the Green Detox Salad with Avocado and Fennel. It’s delicious!

Tabletop Styling & Photography by Caitlin Flemming / Food & Menu by Susan Whang

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

16 Comments

1. Christine

I love the idea of the menu written on bags. I’m also desperately jealous that you have a group of people to do this with- our friends are more the restaurant types.

1. Bridget

If you do restaurants you should try restaurants that no one has tried before and then rate them. I have a Dinner Club with my girlfriends and we added Restaurant Adventures to it so we could 1) meet more often and 2) we don’t always have to cook. Our Dinner Club also requires stepping out the box as you have to cook/bake something you have never made before. It’s fabulous!

2. Carrie S.

I LOVE the idea of the baguette-in-bag-menu! That will definitely be filed away to be done! Looks like it was a beautiful evening.

3. Julie

Beautiful photos of a stunning evening! Can’t wait to gather the recipes and attempt to make it myself!

4. delia

I love this idea. Can’t wait to see the recipes. Is the menu handwritten?

delia

5. caitlin

Delia – yes, the menu was handwritten by Susan.

6. azrakun

the table set-up is truly perfection!

7. Jillian

So nice finally meeting you last week! I LOVE this idea.

8. Jessie

Unreal!!! I’ve followed Susan for a while now, and love that you gals are working on fun projects together now! 🙂 XO

9. Rustic Fall Wedding Inspiration » Marry and Bright

[…] Pies | Bride with feathery bouquet Rustic place setting | Leaf place card | Metallic flower vessels Calligraphy menu | Wood stacks | Copper Gourds | Apple trees Metallic pears | Baskets with wool throws | Mini […]

10. Loving Lately | RLE Charleston

[…] (via) […]

11. Leona

Did you ever post the recipes? I would love to see them. THX

12. The Good Guide To Hosting A Dinner Party | 18 Chelsea Mews18 Chelsea Mews

[…] 1//2//3  […]

13. Things I Heart: Pretty Papers Details | The Fete Blog

[…] serve as favors, escort cards, napkins… the possibilities are wonderfully endless. via Sacramento Street Let your guests run away with your beautiful papers… takeaway bags are a fun way to end the […]

14. The Weekly Vibe: Dinner Party Essentials |

[…] A good menu. (Bonus points for creatively displaying it!) // via Sacramento Street […]

15. Liz Macmillan

What lovely ideas. We have a Super Club here in South Africa consisting of 5 couples. We meet about once a month in our homes and try to do a three course meal. My husband and I also have a lodge in a private game reserve so every now and then we will have our turn at our game lodge and try to organize a “Bush Dinner”. I just love the menu on a brown paper bag, being a crafter I have ideas racing through my mind.

16. These 15 Ultra Creative Wedding Menus Are A Must SEE!

[…] Sacramento Street […]