We’re bringing back Amanda’s recipes, and this recipe won’t disappoint. I’m constantly on the hunt for easy, simple and fresh meals to make. I’ve been getting in these recipe ruts the past few months where I make the same 6 to 8 meals on rotation – boring I know! Some of my favorites are from Amanda because I know that they are delicious and don’t involve a thousand confusing directions or odd ingredients that I don’t already have in my pantry. Today she is sharing her Coconut Quinoa Bowl with Tahini-Lime dressing, which is now one of my go-to meals each week. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as our family does!
Coconut Quinoa Bowl with Tahini Lime Dressing
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 can coconut milk (about 15 oz)
- Salad toppings such as avocado, radish, cashews, leafy greens, cucumber and carrots
- 2 Tbs tahini
- juice of 1 lime juice
- 2 tsp honey
- pinch salt
- 1.) Rinse quinoa under cool water. In a medium sized sauté pot, toast quinoa over medium heat for about 30 seconds.
- 2.) Add coconut milk to a large measuring cup. Add enough water to the coconut milk to reach the 2 cup mark. Add liquid to quinoa and bring to a boil. Reduce to lowest heat, cover and cook for 20 minutes. Remove quinoa from heat and let sit covered for 20 minutes. Fluff with fork and sit uncovered for 5 minutes. Add in salad toppings such as avocado, radish, carrot, leafy greens and cucumber.
- 3.) In a small bowl toss together tahini, lime juice, 2 tablespoons water, honey and a large pinch of salt. Whisk dressing together, adding more water if needed – dressing should be creamy but not too thick. Toss quinoa bowl with dressing and taste for salt and pepper.
Recipe & Photos by Amanda Frederickson