Stone fruit season is probably one of my favorite times of year – the farmers market is bursting with goodies. A few weeks ago the lovely Maia McDonald of Bitte Shop posted a photo of these delicious Peach Coconut Banana Muffins. They looked heavenly. I had been searching for a recipe to make with all of the delicious peaches I was bringing home each Sunday. This one is a hit in our house. Maia was sweet enough to share her recipe and photos with all of us. I hope you enjoy this one – it’s not to be missed before peaches are gone. Enjoy!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup oats – old fashioned or quick cooking
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups low fat yogurt (plain, peach or vanilla)
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup diced peaches (thawed if frozen)
- 2 tablespoons granola or toasted nuts for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degree and grease a muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, ginger, baking soda and salt.
- In a stand mixer or separate medium bowl, whisk together wet ingredients: yogurt, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until combined. Fold in the peaches and divide evenly into muffin cups.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Recipe and photos by Maia McDonald