A few weeks ago we took our very first trip as a family of four. As you can imagine, my nerves were racing thinking about two littles on a plane. We headed to Deer Valley, Utah for a dear friends birthday celebration. Since neither Eric or I had been before we didn’t know what to expect.
As you travel from Salt Lake City to Deer Valley – only about 35 miles away – you travel with mountains surrounding you. The landscape gets more and more beautiful the closer you get to Deer Valley. We stayed at the St. Regis, which is perfectly perched on a mountain. Views took our breath away. I had been told that it was gorgeous, but wow!
A few MUSTS in Deer Valley
- Take the chairlift. It will take you up the Silver Lake Express to see breath-taking views of the mountain range. Once you are up at the top you can take hikes. (Open from June – September)
- Lunch at Five5eed. Our concierge recommended it (link here) and we were blown away by our brunch. It’s not to be missed!
- Mountain biking. This is something we didn’t do with littles but others in our group took to the mountain via bikes.
- Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheater. One of the birthday celebration nights was at the amphitheater, which is completely surrounded by the mountains. They have a concert each Friday night in the summer. As you enjoy your picnic you watch the sunset with live music. So fun!
- High West Distillery. If you are into whiskey, this is the spot to go.
Do you have any favorites places you love to go with your family?