There are days when I end up having cereal for dinner because it’s all I have the energy to make – especially when the nights when I’m by myself. After having cereal the other night I decided something needed to change so, with a bit more planning I don’t have an excuse to get caught with nothing to eat.
Last week, I spent a little time while the kids were napping to prepare lunch and dinners for a few days. My goal was to prep as much as I could to make it easier on myself. I thought I would share this easy recipe, in case you’re also having one of those weeks where you have no idea what to make. This seasonal vegetable and brown rice bowl is a go to in our house – I love picking up fresh produce at the farmers market for this dish.
Seasonal Vegetable & Brown Rice Bowl
1 cup uncooked brown rice
1-2 ears of corn
2 small cucumbers
½ box of cherry tomatoes
a few sprigs of parsley
juice & rind of one lemon
salt & pepper
½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Prepare the brown rice according to directions. (To make it really easy, I actually use Trader Joe’s frozen brown rice that comes in a bag)
- While the rice cooks, chop the corn off the cob and sauté with olive oil, salt & pepper
- Chop the cucumbers, tomatoes, and parsley
- When rice is cooked, toss together with the corn
- Top with the cucumbers, tomatoes, parsley and feta cheese
And be sure to check out our archives for more recipes for more inspiration!