One of the questions a lot of clients ask me is where I’m finding inspiration at the moment. It’s constantly changing. Sometimes it’s from a book I’m reading, a trip I just went on or a shop I can’t get enough of. I’ve decided to start a new series where I share what’s getting my creativity going.
- Porter has it all. With a focus on the larger industry of lifestyle, Porter is a go-to for style, beauty and interior inspiration. I love the gorgeous interior spreads, designer profiles, and endless fashion. I usually pick one of these up from my local news store and savor it all month long, taking in bits and pieces at a time – each informing my style for the week, a vignette that I’m styling or a new beauty routine that I’m experimenting with.
- If you’re in the design and arts field, this is a must read for you. I love the “raw” energy that Apartmento brings to the industry of interior design. It’s such a refreshing visual journey that highlights the work of today’s most inspiring artists, designers and photographers.
Places to Shop
- A favorite sustainable interior and home shop that is such a refreshing and refined take on some of my favorite bare necessities.
- March is one of my favorite brands to follow for stunning art direction. Their photography is simply stunning. Its the perfect place to pop in for a thoughtful gift. I personally have been eying these cutting boards. So simple and chic!
- If you like minimal interiors – this one is such a good find. Such a beautiful book that is written incredibly well. I flip through it constantly as a source for ideas even on the smallest of projects!
- Because who isn’t inspired by beautiful (and simple) food? I’m using this to help me get inspired to create more recipes during the week. I love using simple ingredients that feel like they can be cooked in a variety of ways.
Instagrams to Follow
Interior globe – love their interiors from all different areas! So inspiring.
Joseph Gardner – so great for juxtaposition, composition and color ideas!
Vogue Living – it’s an obvious one, but oh so good!
House and Garden UK – one day i’ll have a garden, in the meantime this will give me all the inspiration I need to get my ideas in order!